Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a little secret that would help me set the time on the clock?

I go to the setting list and highlite "clock".

Then when I try to toggle through the up and down switches above and below the set menu button the time on the clock does not want to change.

I will eventually get the "mem" setting but the time hasn't changed. For some reason the dealer did not set this minor issue: but I should be able to do it without a problem.

What am I doing wrong, guys?

Dan

·
Registered
275 Posts
Is there a little secret that would help me set the time on the clock?
What bike? It's different on different models of Multistrada.

·
Registered
175 Posts
bmwstrider

It is not a piece of cake!

Still workin' on it.

Dan
Maybe it works different on silver Multistradas. :D Sorry, couldn't resist.

Just flip open the manual if you're having troubles. It's a little tricky they way you have to hit the buttons to cycle through and change the time, but it's pretty easy once you understand it.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe it works different on silver Multistradas. :D Sorry, couldn't resist.
No problem, UFO! But I'm still havin' a problem with the damn clock. It stops correcting itself after I keep adding input.

At the 600 the Dealer will do it but I need to get it down on my own!

The time seems to change here twice a year where I live. And for some strange reason I love to look down at the dash and see what time it is.

I don't care about miles...gas usage... and all the other stuff. But I do need to know what time it is.

This green MST I'm ridin' is the absolute 'nuts' (poker term), UFO.

Dan

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will add a piece of trivia to this thread.

The Dealer where I bought this bike had one of his mechanics go to Italy for hands on training with this new MTS. When I picked up the bike he was showing me the Mode settings.

He then said to me that learning the entire electronic software input that was taught to him in Italy, was something that was immediately forgettable.

I never thought about setting the clock before I left. Due to the fact that few owners here have responded to this thread I assume that my ignorance at this simple (clock) step is limited to me.

Dan

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
He then said to me that learning the entire electronic software input that was taught to him in Italy, was something that was immediately forgettable.
Weird comment...there are only a few things you can do.

1. Tap the button in the middle of the turn signal.
2. Press and hold this button.
3. Tap the down button (under the first button)
4. Press and hold the down button
5. Tap the up button (above the first button)
6. Press and hold the up button.

So as you can see there are 2 actions per button that you can do and there are 3 buttons. Its not very complex. What you have to know is which action and which button based on where you are.

Would a video of setting the clock help you out?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Due to the fact that few owners here have responded to this thread I assume that my ignorance at this simple (clock) step is limited to me.

Dan
No, count me in. I had to rest the clock and DTS last week so I opened the manual. Got the traction turned on in the first try. It took about 4 or 5 tries for the clock. I don't have it with me but there is some final step you need to save it or it will go back to the old time. Open a beer, open the manual, and read it carefully.

Alan

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mr. Sunshine

I did exactly as you have described!

I get as far as moving the time about one hour ahead or behind and then further pressing of the buttons does nothing!

In fact if you read the manual you will see that it takes more than just pushing the correct button.

You need to have an intuitive feel as to just how to do this.

A video? Are you serious?

Dan

·
Registered
275 Posts
Got the traction turned on in the first try
Are you sure? It should have come from the factory with traction control turned on by default.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Mr. Sunshine

I did exactly as you have described!

I get as far as moving the time about one hour ahead or behind and then further pressing of the buttons does nothing!

In fact if you read the manual you will see that it takes more than just pushing the correct button.

You need to have an intuitive feel as to just how to do this.

A video? Are you serious?

Dan
Yes it is as easy as pressing a button and of course you have to know which one. This sort of stuff comes easly to me.

And yes I was serious about a video.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes it is as easy as pressing a button and of course you have to know which one. This sort of stuff comes easly to me.

And yes I was serious about a video.
Hi all just fiddled with my 2007 ST3s to change the clock.
Just press the A button until the clock pm or am flashes then use the the b button to adjust the time it will only go up. T hen hit the a button once the time is correct.
Hope this helps
Regards Warwick

1 - 14 of 14 Posts