Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I have the chance to do a track day tomorrow....and finally the GT should handle the track well......hope :)

It's under the guise of a rider training day.....it's run by a couple of ex-racers and the pace increases towards the end......the last one ended up in a free for all......so it will be fun....and not too serious.

I have excel rims with Pirelli Strada, Wilbers fully adjustable rears, Showa fully adjustable front shocks, Wasp TMSD.

The guy that fitted the rear shocks suggested a good starting point for the rears would be rebound 12 clicks, hi/low comp 12 clicks and sag reduced from 35 to 28 -30 mm

What should I do with the fronts......

I normally run the Wasp at 12 clicks which is quite stiff but I have only just fitted the Showas and I am unsure if it still needs to be that stiff....:think:

What pressure should I run front and rear....

Any other things I should be doing?

Cheers Roger

·
Registered
737 Posts
How about some pics of all this hard work you've been putting in on the GT?? ;)

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey...just got a new camera....and the pics won't upload....they are about 6mb...is that too big?

·
Registered
737 Posts
I never upload them here... I use photobucket :D

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
night before the track day

My first attempt at photobucket with my new Canon G10.....

What do you think?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Phark...obviously not doin something right!

Sorry guys.....gettin too late.....I will miss my track day because I slept in unless I go to be soon!

Jace can I call you and get you to talk me through uploading from Photobucket please.....my geek girlfriend has gone away for a week...sheer bliss...need a grid girl though! :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
Well first of all you should be sure that the geometry of the bike is set up correctly. Measure static, and rider sag, and set the spring preloads. On the Ohlins website you will find a description on how to do it. (you will need a helping hand though). Then check where your settings are at the moment. Turn all adjustment screws (compression and rebound) fully out, count the clicks and then put them back to where they were originally. Note the number of clicks. I usually put some 3-5 more clicks on compression damping and leave rebound as it is but it all depends on your riding style, weight, etc. So with the correct geometry and a little bit stiffer set up you should be fine. I am not sure though that I would go the the track on the Stradas. I usually ride Diablo supercorsa pro sc2s on the track.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well hello.....just got back from the track....bloody amazing bike with decent suspension. The track I was on is a fairly high speed circuit so outright HP is ( always nice) but the GT was able to hold it's own....limited only by the owners ability !

Picks to come when I can find out how to download them....too shagged ATM.

Still thin chicken strips on the front and none on the rear ?

Does that mean that I had too much pressure in the front....my tire on the rear is one size smaller than standard.

The suspension on the rear was as stiff as....bloody uncomfortable going there and back....note to self....adjust it at the track and before you head home.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts