Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I give.

I just got my pit bull reversible rear stand and its only instructions are which side to use for removing the wheel or servicing the chain.

So the very heavy "pins", which are like 5lb rods, slide into the approp side--got that. But when I put in the one on the right side, I couldn't get it out unless I removed the hub clip (which is something I've not seen before, too). Surely you don't have to remove the clip each time you want to pull the stand out, so what's up with that?

Also, not precisely understanding how the pins are secured into the stand with the clamp and allenhead bolt.

(Insert emoticon of a butt, as I've just shown mine ;))

·
Registered
26 Posts
The Pitbull stand I have goes on the left rear - opposite exhaust side. I do not have to remove the lock ring from the nut to make it work. As for installing the pin, you insert the pin and the collar and allen bolt lock it in place on the opposite side from where it is inserted in the axle.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Yeah, that was a problem with my bike also. The lock ring might extend a bit into the axle space. If you just pull it out a bit you'll be fine - no need to remove the ring to get it up on the stand. At worst you might need to clip a bit off the end that goes into the axle hole.

The pins are held in place by the collars, that are in turn held in place by the allen screw. Just loosen the screw and pull off the collar and then pull out the pin and replace with the other one. But unless you're removing the wheel you'll use the right side pin most of the time to lube the chain and adjust the slack.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys.

Major PM on the bikes today, glad to get it going.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Well since we are on the noob questions. This is my first Ducati and I have axel sliders on the rear. Which stand if any will work with sliders on and then with the slider out for wheel removal? Also I found it funny (on this site) that the spell check wants to spell Duacti (ducat). Thanks for any help and putting up with the noobs.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Well since we are on the noob questions. This is my first Ducati and I have axel sliders on the rear. Which stand if any will work with sliders on and then with the slider out for wheel removal? Also I found it funny (on this site) that the spell check wants to spell Duacti (ducat). Thanks for any help and putting up with the noobs.
I don't think there's one stand that will work both ways. If the axle sliders are secure enough you could probably use one of the double sided pitbull stands with the "V" ends for swingarm spools. For use without the spool you'll want to get one of the pitbull 1098 reversible stands.

If the spools aren't a huge PITA to get out then I'd go with the 1098 stand.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The pit bull reversible stand is ridiculously overbuilt--really awesome and just what you want to secure the 20k bike.

I have spool sliders for the wheel and will put them back on before I take it to the track but use the pitbull in the garage.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The pit bull reversible stand is ridiculously overbuilt--really awesome and just what you want to secure the 20k bike.
That's what happens when you own a company that makes stands and a Ducati 916(this was several years ago) that you're very fond of. Sorry about the weight of the pins but they have to be very sturdy to maintain the 1-2 degree positive angle so that the bike is not inclined to "slide down" the pin and off the bike when you spin the wheel.

I just got my pit bull reversible rear stand and its only instructions are which side to use for removing the wheel or servicing the chain.
By the way, we just bought a 1098 for product development so I'll get an instructional video made on how to use the stands on Ducati single sided swingarms over the next month or so. I'll post a link to the video once I get it finished.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Got several of your stands, used em for years.exc. stuff!! shame you had to buy a 1098 for "product devlopment" tho ;) (wink wink nod nod)

Chris
That's what happens when you own a company that makes stands and a Ducati 916(this was several years ago) that you're very fond of. Sorry about the weight of the pins but they have to be very sturdy to maintain the 1-2 degree positive angle so that the bike is not inclined to "slide down" the pin and off the bike when you spin the wheel.

By the way, we just bought a 1098 for product development so I'll get an instructional video made on how to use the stands on Ducati single sided swingarms over the next month or so. I'll post a link to the video once I get it finished.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Got several of your stands, used em for years.exc. stuff!! shame you had to buy a 1098 for "product devlopment" tho ;) (wink wink nod nod)

Chris
Ok, so it didn't make it into the building for "product development" before we had taken turns taking a spin on it lol. But, I think you'll be surprised what you'll see from Pit Bull for the 1098 next season;) There's nothing like a bike sitting in the shop just begging for us to come up with some form of aftermarket accessories for it. I can say that a trick replacement upper triple clamp is likely to be developed along with a steering stabilizer mounting kit that will easily mount to said triple clamp:) Around March the 1098 will be sold along with several production(and a few prototype) aftermarket parts that we will build over the winter months. Then it's on to the next bike...

·
what's a Fly N Fink?
876 Posts
instructions

thread hijack - Hey Crash, where can I find a copy of the instructions for the F0029-000 reversible stand? I bought one used for a friend and cannot find a flyer or instruction sheet on you web site and havn't had time to look at it to see how to change the pin, etc??

BTW, I have a newfront stand and a forward handle rear and love the way they work on all our bikes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts