Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

September BOTM

5K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Boost2k 
#1 · (Edited)
Welcome to the September Bike of the Month Competition!

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive fuel system

Congrats to our August winner, EIGHTfortyEIGHT

Please follow all instructions posted below
  1. You must add 3 Photos; no more, no less. NO Collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your vehicle. Avoid having any people in your images.
  2. List any/all Legal Modifications to your vehicle if you have done any.*
  3. The vehicle must be yours. Vehicles waiting to be purchased may not be included
  4. Include a short description of your favourite aspect of your vehicle, or your favourite memory or ride taken with your vehicle*
  5. Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.
  6. Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.
  7. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second car that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.
* These are optional but encouraged

Winners will be featured on the sites gallery, found here. Gallery

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
My 93 900sssp the purist will note the stripe and other items incorrect for 93 however this bike is just the way I want it to look and period correct. Mods include FCR39’s, Ignitec unit, Battery cable upgrade, lithium battery and MOSFET regulator. 944 kit with Bucci pistons and Sil Motor spaghetti header and high pipes, completed with a sharkskinz solo tail and corbin seat. Paint by CCR.

91-97 Supersports are my favorite bike of all time I can look at one all day (in the winter) but this 93 was meant to ride it has been tuned to be a road bike not a racer I would take her anywhere without worry.

A dude at the gas station said nice bike but I should take it back to the dealer a brand new bike shouldn’t make that knocking sound 😊 I love it.

Thanks to all the Folks on this forum I should be able to keep her going another 30 years hope I can still ride her as I will be 93 then.

Automotive side-view mirror Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Vehicle Motor vehicle Speedometer Odometer Gauge

#4 ·
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive tire

Wheel Helmet Tire Vehicle Automotive tire

Fuel tank Tire Automotive fuel system Wheel Vehicle
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive tire
Wheel Helmet Tire Vehicle Automotive tire
Fuel tank Tire Automotive fuel system Wheel Vehicle

My 2012 Streetfighter, all modifications have been done by me, including:
Heavily modified 848 Evo front fairing, including inserts, stay and rewiring;
One off fairing lowers;
Tricolore paint by me;
Pulley covers modified with acrylic lens;
Original clutch cover modified with acrylic lens;
Flat bars fitted;
Key surround modified;
Airbox cut outs;
One off exhaust bracket;
Rapid bike Evo fitted;
Loads of other little details..
I’m going to fit two riding lights recessed into the lower fairings this winter.
I made the bike to suit me, now I can ride it long distances without pain.

#5 ·
Bike of the month entry from "Down Under". Ducati 60.
This is much less in the Bling stakes but is more in the Ping category.
I have owned this Ducati 60 for only six months so it is mostly cleaned up but I have a problem with jumping out of gear.
I have check the RHS selector stuff and will be replacing the Detent spring and ball but have a feeling the problem will be inside the gearbox.
I haven't found any info on the 3 speed gear box internals but presume it will be similar to the 2 speed which I have a 2D cross section drawing. The 2 speed has gear selector coming from the LHS (flywheel side) where the my 3 speed the selector rod enters from the RHS (sprocket side). Any info would be greatly appreciated.
I suspect the "60" is a 1950 "C3" model but I am not positive. There seems to be some conflicting information on different identification sheets.
This bike is unbelievably light at 45kgs. (Really handy as I recover from surgery)
I hope someone else enjoys the pictures and look forward to any correspondence that comes along.

Attachments

#6 ·
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire
my 2002/2005
Wheel Tire Automotive lighting Fuel tank Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

My 2002/2005 St4s
Wow I'll try to list everything had it since 2004.
2005 motor started with 1,700miles 30 plus now.
The wet clutch is much better for daily use.
BST wheels took 18 years and a pandemic to get.
Braketech disc second pair.
Brembo 4 pad calipers
Super easy best brake for the money.
Cycle cat clipons
Speedy moto lower clamp.
Valentine Rader detector.
Mounted were horn was
Horn forget the brand but is Mounted be hind the ducati designs head light. Very loud
Then the rest you can look for . Thanks Keith

#8 ·
2003 999 Fila Replica

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive lighting Motorcycle

I'm not trying to fool nobody... By Replica you can spell it "Tribute" if that helps. I've had this bike since 2004 as the second owner, and got it in stock condition. In 2003 when the 999 was introduced, I had a 998 and thought the 999 was hideous. That is until I saw the FILA 999R. All paint and modifications were done by me over the course of the first ten years I owned it. She has seen two MOTOGP's at Laguna Seca, and made several trips to the Rock Store. Amazing she still has less than 9000 miles on her clock. Great fun to ride, sounds incredible, and is scary fast.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Plant

Some of the up-grades include 54mm Full Termignoni Exhaust System with carbon fiber exhaust guard, "S" Cams, Nicholls Lightened Flywheel, STM Lightweight Clutch, Ducati Performance Front and rear Sprockets (geared down), CycleCat Slave Cylinder, Full Floater Cast Iron Discs up front with carbon Loraine Brake Pads, Sato Racing Rear Sets, Sergeant Seat, Powder Coated Wheels, And a full custom Paint Job (Not the Ducati Vinyl stickers) to match as close as possible the track version.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

#13 ·
2014 899 Panigale
Modifications: SC Project D15-38C CR-T Exhaust, K&N air filter, flash tune, fender eliminator kit, integrated tail light, tinted windscreen, throttle spacer, heat shield kit, Spoon reservoir covers, LEDs
My favorite aspect of my bike is its appearance. It's just so pretty. I can sit there and stare at it forever haha.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Sky Fuel tank Vehicle

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.