Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

September BOTM

5K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  complexCarlo 
#1 · (Edited)
Welcome to the September Bike of the Month Competition!

Congrats to our August winner, @Gajus

Please follow all instructions posted below

1. You must add 3 Photos; no more, no less. NO Collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your vehicle. Avoid having any people in your images.
  2. List any/all Legal Modifications to your vehicle if you have done any.*
  3. The bike must be yours. Bikes waiting to be purchased may not be included
  4. Include a short description of your favourite aspect of your bike, or your favourite memory or ride taken with your bike*
  5. Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.
  6. Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.
  7. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second bike that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.

* These are optional but encouraged

Winners will be featured on the sites gallery, found here. Gallery

See less See more
#2 ·
Since it's my birth month I guess I'll put up my Radical Ducati 999R for judgement. Lots of great bikes on this sub so expecting some tough competition as always!

Always loved the Desmosedici RR so no surprise I absolutely love the front of this bike!

A side picture to show off just how well the lines flow over the bike.

You even get a nice looking view from behind with the single exhaust setup.

The bike has had quite a few changes done to it! I'll do my best to list at least the most important aspects of the bike.

Fairings are built by Radical Ducati with a custom welded frame in aluminium weighting in at 4.2 kg.
Front fairing, belly pan and tank is carbon with a nice keyless Lightech gas cap with RaceTi titanium screws. The key has also been deleted in favor of a flip switch to turn it on.
The 999R engine is built by Biggelaar Performance in NL and the bike is a 2006 model with the production number #0074.
It's fitted with a Ducati Corse slipper clutch and SP Electronics quick shifter and has had the suspension rebuilt by Esp1Tech.

Both axles are replaced with lightened aluminium axles with Ti nuts, chain adjusters are Gilles replicas made by Iconic in UK and the bobbins on the swingarm is RS replicas.

It's also fitted with a 15T/39T 520 sprocket and chain combination with the sprocket being the first made for 999 at request from CeraCarbon. Ceramic coated aluminium teeth with carbon inlay weighting only 211 grams.

Levers and clutch cover are made by Ducati Performance.

Currently sitting on some Pirelli Supercorsa tires on 999R wheels.

For more pictures and info the link to my build thread is in my signature. (y)

#3 ·
As I put more years into the lane splitters, I come to value the experiences of my life more than the things of my life. I think that it is safe to say that most of us appreciate Ducati for how it makes us feel....the exhilaration. Sometimes, the exhilaration is just sitting and looking at the bike, appreciating its design and its technology. I've done that.

But at some point, we begin to realize that our life on this planet is quickly coming to an end. That is why I appreciate this bike as a tool for how it makes my life significantly better. No. Not just better, excellent.

This '08 Hypermotard S is no longer shiny and has been dirt crashed more times than I can remember (although I do vividly remember a few of them!). I love this machine for the places that it takes me and the beautiful experiences that it gives. I camped off this bike for almost 3 weeks this year. While it is just a machine, and I know it is just a machine, it feels like a trusted companion.

There are tons of mods that have morphed this bike into a very satisfying explorer. Here are the main ones.

California (Georgia) Cycleworks 6.9 tank​
Large oil cooler and rock guard​
Custom bash plate​
Custom horizontal valve cover protector​
Real bark busters with better bars​
14 / 45 gearing​
G2 throttle tamer​
About 4 inches of bar risers!​
Custom Wolfman Bag mounts welded to subframe​
Custom "wide stance" foot pegs​
Folding tip shifter and rear break lever​
Custom spark arrestor for Termignoni full system​
Ram Quick Grip for constant phone navigation via Osmand​
Conti TKC 80's or Shinko E805's​

Here are three pictures of my bike, all taken at a place and time when I was feeling the exhilaration.

First picture: "That time when I was riding on the moon" (UT)

Second picture: "Stress level today = ZERO" (CO)

Third picture: "Humming on 6.3 million acres" (NV)

#6 ·
#5 ·
1998 Ducati 748. All original body work professionally painted Audi white. Wheels are powder coated. This is my second 748 build in white. My favorite aspect of this bike is it's color. To me, these should have been produced in white. Since they weren't, I brought my vision to light and just did it myself. 16,000 miles. Absolute blast to ride.

#9 ·
1998 ST2. My last/most recent Ducati (see my thread about it elsewhere). Bought almost 3 years ago. Took a bit to get it sorted. Now running flawlessly and ridden regularly. It's now the daily/go-to machine.

Changes: Grip Puppies, MOSFET voltage regulator and custom mount, SAMCO hoses, LED rear turn signals (no having to screw around with them when the bag brackets come/go), mirrors, tall screen (not by me; greatly dislike it), ebay-sourced (almost certainly chinese-made) sump drain plug with magnet.

I like it, the wife likes it. So, it stays.

Attachments

#12 · (Edited)
2010 Multistrada S Touring
Tire Wheel Water Fuel tank Plant

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

• HealTech Quickshifter easy
  • Ducabike folding toe peg & GP shift linkage with Sato adjustable arm
  • Rexxer ECU flash. Removed 02 sensors & exhaust servo, cable, mounting box & throttle plate.
  • DID 525 chain, Ognibene 15 tooth front sprocket and Superlight quick change 43 tooth rear
  • Ohlins semi-active suspension control unit
  • Vesrah RJL brake pads on the front with Arashi Rotors (all OEM Brembo rear)
  • ColorRite Fighter Yellow paint, smaller SF848 black Ducati letters & the oem flag decal
  • 4 piece GB racing engine covers (I need to buy washers to install the big cover on the left side)
  • Ducabike short windshield
  • National Cycle V-Stream Medium height windshield with Puig deflector
  • Beamtech LED headlight bulbs
  • Cox radiator & oil cooler guards with engine case saver
  • Factory Pro shift kit (behind the clutch) and Ducati SVC-09-009 kit (behind the flywheel)
  • Sato Frame Sliders
  • Black Spider Grips Slim Line SLR Grips & Throttlemeister bar end weights
  • Bridgeport angled valve stem in the rear wheel
  • Battery Tender lead on the right passenger peg & Kuryakyn USB Outlet near the steering head
  • Kriega US 30 tail pack & Ride or Die Accessories Pannier Liner bags
  • Spliced in turn signal/hand guard waterproof connectors for fast trackday prep
  • Removed emissions decals, front sprocket cover, mud guard, skid plates & charcoal canister.
  • Painted front fender, rear brake pedal, oil cooler lines & peg hangers black.
  • Painted Brembo letters red on the front calipers.
  • Painted the zero preload mark red on the fork caps for easy adjustments & turn counting
  • Trimmed reflectors off of OEM license plate bracket & front forks
  • Enlarged the two drain holes in the swingarm (before shock mount and bottom of hub)
  • Rotated handlebar down and back & removed dowel pins to adjust levers.
Next up is a set of M4 calipers.

My best memory is the trackday at Barber Motorsports Park and my favorite part of the bike is the comfortable seat, ergonomics and adjustable suspension that can be set to ultra soft like a dual sport or dirt bike. This is so great for our crap roads and my fused back, it's like air ride.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.