Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Welcome to the September Bike of the Month Competition!

Congrats to our August winner, @Gajus

Please follow all instructions posted below

1. You must add 3 Photos; no more, no less. NO Collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your vehicle. Avoid having any people in your images.
  2. List any/all Legal Modifications to your vehicle if you have done any.*
  3. The bike must be yours. Bikes waiting to be purchased may not be included
  4. Include a short description of your favourite aspect of your bike, or your favourite memory or ride taken with your bike*
  5. Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.
  6. Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.
  7. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second bike that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.

* These are optional but encouraged

Winners will be featured on the sites gallery, found here. Gallery

·
Registered
06 999R RAD02, 06 999R
581 Posts
Since it's my birth month I guess I'll put up my Radical Ducati 999R for judgement. Lots of great bikes on this sub so expecting some tough competition as always!

Always loved the Desmosedici RR so no surprise I absolutely love the front of this bike!

A side picture to show off just how well the lines flow over the bike.

You even get a nice looking view from behind with the single exhaust setup.

The bike has had quite a few changes done to it! I'll do my best to list at least the most important aspects of the bike.

Fairings are built by Radical Ducati with a custom welded frame in aluminium weighting in at 4.2 kg.
Front fairing, belly pan and tank is carbon with a nice keyless Lightech gas cap with RaceTi titanium screws. The key has also been deleted in favor of a flip switch to turn it on.
The 999R engine is built by Biggelaar Performance in NL and the bike is a 2006 model with the production number #0074.
It's fitted with a Ducati Corse slipper clutch and SP Electronics quick shifter and has had the suspension rebuilt by Esp1Tech.

Both axles are replaced with lightened aluminium axles with Ti nuts, chain adjusters are Gilles replicas made by Iconic in UK and the bobbins on the swingarm is RS replicas.

It's also fitted with a 15T/39T 520 sprocket and chain combination with the sprocket being the first made for 999 at request from CeraCarbon. Ceramic coated aluminium teeth with carbon inlay weighting only 211 grams.

Levers and clutch cover are made by Ducati Performance.

Currently sitting on some Pirelli Supercorsa tires on 999R wheels.

For more pictures and info the link to my build thread is in my signature. (y)

·
Premium Member
1,528 Posts
As I put more years into the lane splitters, I come to value the experiences of my life more than the things of my life. I think that it is safe to say that most of us appreciate Ducati for how it makes us feel....the exhilaration. Sometimes, the exhilaration is just sitting and looking at the bike, appreciating its design and its technology. I've done that.

But at some point, we begin to realize that our life on this planet is quickly coming to an end. That is why I appreciate this bike as a tool for how it makes my life significantly better. No. Not just better, excellent.

This '08 Hypermotard S is no longer shiny and has been dirt crashed more times than I can remember (although I do vividly remember a few of them!). I love this machine for the places that it takes me and the beautiful experiences that it gives. I camped off this bike for almost 3 weeks this year. While it is just a machine, and I know it is just a machine, it feels like a trusted companion.

There are tons of mods that have morphed this bike into a very satisfying explorer. Here are the main ones.

California (Georgia) Cycleworks 6.9 tank​
Large oil cooler and rock guard​
Custom bash plate​
Custom horizontal valve cover protector​
Real bark busters with better bars​
14 / 45 gearing​
G2 throttle tamer​
About 4 inches of bar risers!​
Custom Wolfman Bag mounts welded to subframe​
Custom "wide stance" foot pegs​
Folding tip shifter and rear break lever​
Custom spark arrestor for Termignoni full system​
Ram Quick Grip for constant phone navigation via Osmand​
Conti TKC 80's or Shinko E805's​

Here are three pictures of my bike, all taken at a place and time when I was feeling the exhilaration.

First picture: "That time when I was riding on the moon" (UT)

Second picture: "Stress level today = ZERO" (CO)

Third picture: "Humming on 6.3 million acres" (NV)

·
Registered
228 Posts
1999 Ducati 996S. I have owned this bike for 12 years and put 25,000 miles on it. Currently has 31,000 miles and still runs beautifully. Meticulously maintained. Probably my favorite aspect of this bike is the red and gold combo. I don't believe it should be any other way.

·
Registered
228 Posts
1998 Ducati 748. All original body work professionally painted Audi white. Wheels are powder coated. This is my second 748 build in white. My favorite aspect of this bike is it's color. To me, these should have been produced in white. Since they weren't, I brought my vision to light and just did it myself. 16,000 miles. Absolute blast to ride.

·
Registered
2018 panigale 959
7 Posts

·
Registered
5,295 Posts
1998 ST2. My last/most recent Ducati (see my thread about it elsewhere). Bought almost 3 years ago. Took a bit to get it sorted. Now running flawlessly and ridden regularly. It's now the daily/go-to machine.

Changes: Grip Puppies, MOSFET voltage regulator and custom mount, SAMCO hoses, LED rear turn signals (no having to screw around with them when the bag brackets come/go), mirrors, tall screen (not by me; greatly dislike it), ebay-sourced (almost certainly chinese-made) sump drain plug with magnet.

I like it, the wife likes it. So, it stays.

Attachments

Reactions: Stillrollinalong

·
Registered
4 Posts
New guy here, can I play?

I resisted the motorcycle urge for 55 years, then saw this. Granted, I'm biased, but she is just beautiful. I put bar end mirrors on, while I think the rear seat cover looks great, the wife on back IS the best accessory a bike can have.

Lop

Plant Automotive tire Botany Motor vehicle Fender
Tire Wheel Plant Fuel tank Motorcycle
Wheel Tire Plant Land vehicle Fuel tank

1 - 11 of 11 Posts