Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because of increased demand the Ducati Owners Group has re-opened Thunderhill for Sept 20th private track day for new riders! One of the main reasons why was the awesome time people had at our first event May 20th at Reno/Fernley. Besides, we need more riders to help pick up the tab, we came up a little short in Reno because of AMA weekend and late notice for recruitment. We won't have that problem next year, I can assure you of that! Off the subject, but recruiting for Thill isn't a problem, I thought for Reno with 4 miles of new track and being in a party town, being on a weekend and only another hour drive, recruitment wouldn't an issue. But it was. There were mitigating circumstances with the conflict of schedule, personally if I were able to ride I would have jumped at the opportunity, just like playing a new golf course. Everyone that was there said Reno rocks and can't wait to do it again. In fact a few of our guys went up yesterday to an organized trackday, just to taste it again. Talk to anyone who was there and the response was the same. The weather being perfect certainly helped, that is why we scheduled when we did (actually a cancellation got us in) and for Thill in late Sept is the start of Indian Summer. The perfect time of the year in theory. Its not fun doing a track day in 100 degree heat.

So, Jovan and I want to personally invite first timers to this event, in Reno they felt so at home and looking forward to their next track day.

Become a D.O.G. member, put our website in your signature, our mission is to provide two premier private track days a year and promote the racing heritage of the Ducati motorcycle and support local club racing like the AFM.
I just updated the website, please check it out.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I went to Reno again yesterday with Bruce and Vinnie. It was great day for us. With their help I put a lot of things together which made me faster and smoother. throttle control .. wow. Its like a right hand on a guitar - you can know all the cords with your left, but if you can't pick it with your right, it will never sound just right. I think one comment we all had is that that we wished it was a private day. Small group open day format is the way to go. There just isn't a better way to truly enjoy the track at your own pase.

·
Premium Member
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
It's about time slacker.... Here's a picture of yours truely in front of old RickTv60!!!

OK, Rick...go ahead and shoot back

·
Premium Member
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
galaxy said:
It's about time slacker.... Here's a picture of yours truely in front of old RickTv60!!!

OK, Rick...go ahead and shoot back

"Old RickTv60?" hahahahahahaha.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Don't know the particular name but it's not a tripple. It's a 650 I-4...and he's got a couple of good photo's of him right in front of me. We were running pretty consistent lap times and having a blast. I'd kill him in the straights but he'd dive in hard and kick my butt in the corners.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Bombash said:
Rick - is that a speed tripple? I can't tell what bike that is.
Hi Jovan. It's a Triumph Speed Four (inline 4) - all 599cc of it. Handles great, brakes are very good (ss lines & EBC HH pads), suspension works quite well (Race Tech, Catalyst tuned), motor on the other hand is a bit underpowered. Even with the Blue Flame race pipe and PCIII w/ custom tune, it dynoed at a whopping 81hp (Denver elevation). :rolleyes: haha...

It makes for a great excuse when you guys clock out on me - but if I'm ahead... ;) :cool:

The S4 will be completely dialed in for Sep 20. Me on the other hand... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
447 Posts
Oh nice .. you can't mistake those Triumph headlights.
The way I look at it and one reason for not getting a Jap bike yet - I am still not even close to taking full advantage of my underpowered Duc. If I ever acutually get to that point, then maybe I'll consider another more powerfull Duc :p especialy if they start looking more like that DD-RR.

BTW, I got your deposit - that was you right? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I hear the new Triumph 675 Triple is quite a machine.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Jovan/John, I have my buddy Jerry talked into Sept 20. now, the hard part is paying for it. I'm a bit unhappy with Paypal, so am wondering about just meeting one of you some evening to give the deposit. I know that John lives in the slums of Granite Bay, and I am up here in Placerville. How about meeting some evening for a mid month Ducati/Italian bike night?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts