Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed a aftermarket 12 volt display on their Ducati to monitor battery voltage. Curious to know what is available in this department, or if you have made your own version.

Thanks,

Fred

·
Registered
164 Posts
I installed Signal Dynamics voltage monitors along with Mosfet voltage regulators on my 900SS/SP and VFR800 way back in 2010. No issues since.

My SS800 got the voltage monitor only, no Mosfet as yet.

Does the job reliably, takes up very little real estate. Pic obviously my 900SS.

Attachments

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
12 volt display

Here is what I came up with by using parts from an electronic surplus store for $8.

Yeah, it is 90 degrees off, but it clears the fork tube and under side of top triple clamp. ABS case is 15mm x 35mm x 50mm, a LED 3-digit DC voltmeter, and a small on/off switch, which you can barely see at top left of case. Fabricated bracket from .062" aluminum sheet. Wires direct to battery.

If I make another one, I will turn the display 90 degrees. Does what I want it to...not too distracting, yet still visible.

Fred

20190510_172632.jpg

41 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts