Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
booyakasha!
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately, I have noticed that when I move/push the bike around (me off the bike, engine off) when parking it, I notice a tiny "clink" when I use the front brakes to stop.

I looked at my rotors and I was (with a little elbow grease) able to move the shiny part of the rotor while the black center hub of the rotor stayed. Those big "rivets" in the holding the two together looked solid.

Is this a trait of our stock rotors? Is that what makes them semi-floating?

Attachments

·
Registered
421 Posts
It's normal- with the rotor slightly loose of the hub, it self-centers and so has less drag.

My Aprilia uses 'full floating' rotors and they're even more loose than the GT's, but it's amazing how freely the wheel spins when on the front stand, much more so than the GT.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
I've seen a mod where you smash the rivet springs to give them more clearance and turn them into full floaters. Seriously! I thought I would try it, started flattening one out and then changed my mind, just seemed way too noisy and failure prone as the stock springs were not meant to be used in this way. I think you can get aftermarket buttons to change them into full floating.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I have TPO full floating buttons on my original disc. No perceived improvement in braking but loud metallic jangling below 35 mph.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts