Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm probably going to have to sell the 1198 my wife and I are thinking about relocating and the bike would not be able to come along!!! question is would it be better to sell it stock or with all the carbon and Termi's etc. I was thinking about putting all the stock gear back on and selling it that way then selling all the other stuff after??? what do you think??? the bike has 2080 km on it the Termi's were fitted at 800KM!! thinking what to do for the best???? Colin.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Your thought process is backwards my boy. Sell the wife, keep the 1198. The bike can most certainly find you a new woman, but I doubt the same can be said the other way around.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually thought about this.....but the Duc is not enough to get another woman when you are as ugly as me:D:mad::)

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hahaha

+1 sell the wife.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds like an ad but.....

Carbon front fender,
Carbon Heel guards,
Carbon Exhaust shield,
Carbon tank side panels,
Carbon air intake covers,
Zero Gravity double bubble smoked screen
Billet Clutch pressure plate,
Stainless springs,bolts anodized caps,
Ducati Performance open clutch cover,
Termi slip on kit, inc air filter and ECU,
Fender eliminator kit,
Frame plugs,

I wonder if it all would sell as a complete lot all together, or would the bike sell better with all that is listed still fitted???? Colin. :confused::confused:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok so would the classified section on here be a good place to sell the aftermarket stuff??? Thanks Colin.

·
Registered
5,137 Posts
Sell the bike bone stock for whatever it gets, and make up the difference selling the farkles separately.
Absolutely, you'll get more money at the end of the day and you'll probably even get more money for the bike, particularly if the stock parts are like new (as they've never been used).

Quality after market parts in reasonable condition should get at least 50% of the new price whereas stock parts (exhausts in particular) will get you next to nothing.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Probably will come out best to sell the bike stock and get what you can selling the upgrades separately. It'll be a little bit of a pain dealing with it, but you'll come out ahead.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You guys are just too smart!!!!! :)It would be pointless putting an ad on here for the bike because I'm in Canada and most guys on here are in the US bit too big to ship!!! Lol!!!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It is!!!! thats what the WWW means world wide web!!!!lol!!!!!! I was just thinking its a bit of a distance to travel, the border to the US for me is 200K in either direction so delivery is out so would be shipping thats why I'd advertise the bike locally:p

·
9,757 Posts
I'm probably going to have to sell the 1198 my wife and I are thinking about relocating and the bike would not be able to come along!!! question is would it be better to sell it stock or with all the carbon and Termi's etc. I was thinking about putting all the stock gear back on and selling it that way then selling all the other stuff after??? what do you think??? the bike has 2080 km on it the Termi's were fitted at 800KM!! thinking what to do for the best???? Colin.
Don't be a sissy, I'm moving all the way to Greece in a month and my 1098s is coming with me. Where there's the will there's a way.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am in TO for Business mid october and might be interested in checking it out. PM a sense of your asking price.

It's tough to sell a bike in Canada when the dollar is so strong atm..

1 - 20 of 25 Posts