Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to work it to keep both but would any of you sell your 998 for a mh900e?
The one I found is mint with 1700 miles.
example

·
Registered
48 Posts
Find a way to keep the 998 and pick up the mh as a second bike would be the best, that way you keep the miles off the mh....

·
Registered
46 Posts
I think that it depends on how much you ride your 998. I going to assume that you ride with a club, or friends, and put on several thousand miles a year on your bike. Would you want to do that to the MH900e? Would you want it to be your "daily driver"? If you ride a lot and don't mind putting a bunch of miles on it OR if you don't ride a lot, then get the MH900e. If not, keep the 998.

I hope you get to have both!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think that it depends on how much you ride your 998. I going to assume that you ride with a club, or friends, and put on several thousand miles a year on your bike. Would you want to do that to the MH900e? Would you want it to be your "daily driver"? If you ride a lot and don't mind putting a bunch of miles on it OR if you don't ride a lot, then get the MH900e. If not, keep the 998.

I hope you get to have both!
I don't ride the 998 much (2700 miles :eek:) I have a beater Hayabusa that has 30,000 miles on it, though.

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
In the abstract, the 998. But, if you don't ride it, then buy or keep something you do ride.

·
Super Moderator
8,245 Posts
Tough..

Depends on what your into.
One bike only, then the 998 wins because you can do anything on it with the right accessories.

If you have a daily ride and want something "special", then the MH900E will invoke ALOT more knowing looks from Ducatisti and GP alike. VERY special bike that was only made in few numbers and ONLY sold over the internet.

Its a toss up.. My mind and parts of my soul say 998.
My heart cries on my souls knowing shoulder because it wants them both.

Your GOING to run into other older superbikes.. The chances of running into a MH900e are about the same as for a desmosedici. IF you do, you can expect a "nice guy" with a passion for Ducati. Because that is what the MH900e signals.. A Passion for the mark and most probably a LONG history of Ducati ownership and probably someone who is a perfectionist when it comes to the bike. Likely to also have an older Ferrari or DeTomaso in the garage :D

//amullo

·
Registered
134 Posts
998. for sure. MH900 does nothing for me. I know it's supposed to be all nostalgic and a tribute and everything, I've read my Ducati History 1A... the 998 is SEXY, and STRONG.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hello there I think I have the answer to your question.

Ive had both at the same time and still have my MH900e
However I have a S4R Monster and a 1098 now. I sold my 998.

The MH900 is not a daily driver. First of all if you wreck it god forbid
getting parts sucks. Also putting tons of miles on it is not the best IMO.
It is by far the most unconfortable bike Ive owned.

Its my favorite by far dont get me wrong. But its a show bike for the most
part. Its not fast by any means but fun to ride. I would get both if you
can. If you only had it I think you would be missing somthing.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Keep the 998

998 is the final run of the 916 based Superbikes..An absolutely beautiful Machine..

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Tough..

Depends on what your into.
One bike only, then the 998 wins because you can do anything on it with the right accessories.

If you have a daily ride and want something "special", then the MH900E will invoke ALOT more knowing looks from Ducatisti and GP alike. VERY special bike that was only made in few numbers and ONLY sold over the internet.

Its a toss up.. My mind and parts of my soul say 998.
My heart cries on my souls knowing shoulder because it wants them both.

Your GOING to run into other older superbikes.. The chances of running into a MH900e are about the same as for a desmosedici. IF you do, you can expect a "nice guy" with a passion for Ducati. Because that is what the MH900e signals.. A Passion for the mark and most probably a LONG history of Ducati ownership and probably someone who is a perfectionist when it comes to the bike. Likely to also have an older Ferrari or DeTomaso in the garage :D

//amullo

Well put. I totally agree.

I'm, going to try my hardest to keep them both. Maybe sell my beater 'Busa.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hello there I think I have the answer to your question.

Ive had both at the same time and still have my MH900e
However I have a S4R Monster and a 1098 now. I sold my 998.

The MH900 is not a daily driver. First of all if you wreck it god forbid
getting parts sucks. Also putting tons of miles on it is not the best IMO.
It is by far the most unconfortable bike Ive owned.

Its my favorite by far dont get me wrong. But its a show bike for the most
part. Its not fast by any means but fun to ride. I would get both if you
can. If you only had it I think you would be missing somthing.

Just my 2 cents.

I want an S4R too to take over the daily grind. How comfortable do you find it on the long rides?

·
Registered
797 Posts
No contest, the 998.

The MH900E looks pretty, but will never handle and have the power of the 998, unless you dump BIG bucks into it.
I've had friends that have riden the MH900E and none of them raved of its handing, plus the lack of power, no contest.....

Also enough stories of leaking gas tanks on the MH900E, heavy wheels, lousy suspension.....I love the looks, but not that much....

Cheers,
Mark

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
from the ''collectable'' side i'd go mh.from the riding reward side i'd go 998.from the financial side the mh will likely gain and the 998 stay or go down in value.

·
Mr Leakered
8,900 Posts
I like the MH quite a bit from a styling standpoint. I'd love to own a 998 as a second bike.

My opinion would be to make a poster print of the MH and call it good.

Have a good one.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts