Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wrong! and i've never been happier. earlier this year i test rode a new Monster 1100s and was beyond impressed with how comfortable "I" felt on the bike, and how easy it was for me to handle it. the experience left an impression obviously. between then and now I had been riding my Hyper and Multistrada most, had a deposit on a MV Agusta Brutale 1078rr, and also owned an '03 999R which was to me more of a prize than anything else. the plan was to sell the 999R to fund the Brutale, as I wanted a motorcycle that was as comfortable as my other two, but somewhat special like the 999R. but believe it or not, and due to much discussion with some very seasoned motorcyclists, I decided that the best bike for this segment of my riding career would be yet another twin, a Ducati Monster 1100s. the answer had been there all along, just took me a bit to realize it. maybe not the prettiest (although it's growing on me), but it has offered me the BEST riding experience so far of all of the motos i've owned. after last Sunday's maiden voyage up Angeles Crest and out to Wrightwood, I knew I had finally picked a winner. not only did I think it was the best thing for the canyons, but a couple of other very skilled Hyper riders thought the same. I can't say enough about the handling characteristics of the motorcycle, and how easy and comfortable it is to ride, and that comfort has inspired a confidence in me that i didn't have before. don't misinterpret me; i'm still slow, but i was a lot less so last week. a great bike now, and should only get better with time....i'm happy with it and my decision. i can't believe i just said that! :)

on order: full Termi kit, comfort seat, and Sato rearsets, along with a tail tidy and some other carbon bits. rear carbon hugger, clutch cover, crg's, tank carbon on the bike now.

at the moment she looks like this:

·
Registered
698 Posts
Very nice - I recently made the mistake of riding a frinds Triumph Street Triple and man what a fun bike. I am actually considering picking up a new Street Triple R if all goes well.

·
Registered
60 Posts
i think it looks great in that picture. swapping out from a 999r when you already have a hyper to play does sound loco.

and was at my dealer today and checked out the bikes. in person, the new monster just didn't do it for me. of course all that could change if i had the riding experience that you did. glad you are happy :yeah:

riding down the california coastal freeway i was once again reminded how i love my little fairing and i am surprised ducati gave it up with both the new monster and the streetfighter.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Beautiful bike. One question: the clutch cover looks really nice; were you able to leave the stock clutch as is inside, or did you have to replace the springs with stainless steel? I was told that if you go to an open clutch you have to replace the springs with stainless?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I went from a 999 to a s4rs and couldn't be happier. I love being able to walk after a long ride! Not a big fan of the mpg though.

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^ that is correct. It is a custom clutch cover that Pro Italia offers, and an oem plate with stainless springs.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Congrats on the new bike. I guess it goes both ways. After spending a pretty good amount of $$$ on aftermarket goodies for my M1100S, I'm seriously contemplating letting it go for a Superbike & a 999R is on the short list. I could have purchased an 1198S with as much as I have in the 1100S + parts....

·
Registered
60 Posts
Congrats on the new bike. I guess it goes both ways. After spending a pretty good amount of $$$ on aftermarket goodies for my M1100S, I'm seriously contemplating letting it go for a Superbike & a 999R is on the short list. I could have purchased an 1198S with as much as I have in the 1100S + parts....
gorgeous! nothing wrong with keeping a monster alongside a superbike.

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
You're the only other person besides myself I've seen here using a zip tie.
You mean that suspension dynamics data acquisition system? I got one too. Plus, on the SC, you can easily do the same with the rear.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts