Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me but trying to get my seat to locate on the pins frustrates the hell out of me is there a knack to it :crazy:

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
This works for me.
I look between the tank and seat. I get the pin on the opposite side from me into the large part of the seat hole. Once in, I hold it there while I do the same on the near side of the seat. Once both are in it's easy to slide the seat forward and seat the pins. After you've done it a couple of times it gets relatively easy.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yes - first time for me was a frustration. You are not alone.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Yeah I took my seat off today to tinker around a bit and found putting the front seat on a bit frustrating but I actually did the same exact thing guitarian did and it went on fine. I did notice with the seat off they used what looked to be electrical tape over the staples on the seat cover. It was mostly coming off so I just ditched it and covered it with some gaffers tape I had. Much better IMO.

·
AARP Reject
2,934 Posts
I did notice with the seat off they used what looked to be electrical tape over the staples on the seat cover. It was mostly coming off so I just ditched it and covered it with some gaffers tape I had. Much better IMO.
That has to be a 2013 trick. My 2012 has naked staples, and one of them took a little bite out of the paint. I used some self stick felt pads to isolate it from the paint and hold it off, but I like your gaffer's tape idea. The standard upholstery of the stock seat (don't know about the PP version) leaves something to be desired. It is not particularly well finished.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Well if that's one of the improvements for 2013 I'm not impressed :D

It was almost completely off when I removed the seat for the first time. I have some really nice fabric gaffers tape that doesn't leave any residue behind when you pull it off. I've used it on my bikes before when I was on a long trip with soft luggage that was trying to wear paint off my rear plastics. Worked great in all types of weather and never comes off.

I was going to just ditch the electrical tape but was afraid the staples would do what you confirmed, so on went the gaffers tape.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts