Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you that work with seat foam or those that have taken apart the hyper seats. Do the 3 ducati seats share the same base (the plastic piece you can see looking up at the bottom)? I am looking at pictures of the stock, comfy and race seat and can't tell if they all share the same base and the difference in height/profile is made with different foam or shaping the foam? I am looking to get a seat and remove the foam entirely and replace it with a small square of non-slip track pad and wasn't sure which version to get.
Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've had 3 different ones and I'd start with the stock seat (in case you don't like the results). I threw mine away (stock) so you could prob get one from a forum member for just cost of shipping.
Hmmm, good idea. I wasn't sure if the seat bases would be the same on the different models. I have the "race" seat and its fine but I would still like to be more inside the bike rather than on top of it. So, anybody have their stocker lying around that I can tear apart?

·
1st Gen Hyper Hooligan
2,376 Posts
I have a stock one Im not using I could sell you for cheap... just lmk

·
Registered
757 Posts
they all use the same base...have had all 3 seats and made my own from stocker...
You did that by yourself? Nice work! Question... Why the stitching/seam on the first part directly below where your ass would go?

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
You did that by yourself? Nice work! Question... Why the stitching/seam on the first part directly below where your ass would go?
because of my foam being so dished out it was the only way to make seat cover lay flat w/o glue...and it looks nicer as well..added low density foam with gel inserts as well...got to redo bike and seat now since wreck..:mad:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Thank you for the info disgo. Heh, rhyme. Can't wait to see your hyper come back badder than ever.
thanx its in the process now will post a whole build thread! as well as me healing up from surgery...already been riding my r1 and 1098r...lol:think:something is wrong with me i think..oh yea not married anymore and can have as many toys as i want now..even in the living room if i like!!!!:p

·
Registered
309 Posts
Just finished getting my cover on mine, and put it on the bike for the first time. I added the build up for my wife so she can look forward when she rides with me, instead of having to spend 1-3 hours looking left or right. Both my spot and the passengers spot have seat heaters as well. The cover is a one off piece, its made of gripper material. My mom is the seamstress that stitched it all together for me.

·
Registered
757 Posts
You got an airbag in there? :D

·
1st Gen Hyper Hooligan
2,376 Posts
Thats an interesting look Matt. Does look comfy tho :)

·
Registered
309 Posts
yeah not the smoothest lines and the camera has a hard time capturing the texture of the gripper. But it's not horrible looking either and in this case function out weighs style. It also works alot like a stepped seat on a motocross bike keeps me where I want to be while riding. Best of all no more turtles humping sounds from helmets knocking together when I brake or decel with wife on the back. I swear one ride to a friends house for a party I lost 3 db of hearing sensitivity from the constant "crack" of her helmet hitting mine. Oh yeah and did I mention It's heated:) Next time I get stuck riding home in a rain storm, life will be a tad bit nicer. not to mention the cold morning commutes that are just around the corner.

Here's a pic of the whole bike with new seat.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts