Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok

after riding all day last saturday i had monkey butt.

so i ordered a sargent seat,after installing the seat i sat on the new seat

and felt like the seat was to short.

i am 6ft 2in and have long azz legs inseam is 36 in.

looking for options, really dont want to pay sargent to modify the seat

and then i dont like it.

Any one have any ideas? :eek:

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm in the same boat! Tried the DP race seat, and the height was manageable, but I went numb in the hips/tailbone after 30 mins. Sargent was going to be my next step, but after reading this, I might just wait and see.

·
Registered
309 Posts
There s a post on this forum about someone modify the seat to taste. I did the same-dig two holes under my butt

·
Registered
587 Posts
Ok

and then i dont like it.

Damn that sucks I'm 6'2" also and was considering the Sargent , If you don't like it maybe you could return it .I'm glad you wrote this .
Member bullseye has just gotten a Corbin maybe we can get him to write a review . I'm leery about buying stuff that you can't actually see.
I was considering this DUCATI HYPERMOTARD LEATHER SEAT,CORBIN,SARGENT,MOTORCYCLE SEAT | eBay
but its too sculpted , I like the stock seat height that's why I called Sargent to check there custom seat specs.Only to find out there custom seats are 450$$ and similar to there main seat ,and seem kind of cut out ,where the Corbin looks flat and neutral.The more I research the more confused I become .
ride-on
Bob

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Damn that sucks I'm 6'2" also and was considering the Sargent , If you don't like it maybe you could return it .I'm glad you wrote this .
Member bullseye has just gotten a Corbin maybe we can get him to write a review . I'm leery about buying stuff that you can't actually see.
I was considering this DUCATI HYPERMOTARD LEATHER SEAT,CORBIN,SARGENT,MOTORCYCLE SEAT | eBay
but its too sculpted , I like the stock seat height that's why I called Sargent to check there custom seat specs.Only to find out there custom seats are 450$$ and similar to there main seat ,and seem kind of cut out ,where the Corbin looks flat and neutral.The more I research the more confused I become .
ride-on
Bob
I bought my seat directly from sargent,before i bought it they said they could modify it for a price min is 85.00 however if you do have it modified and dont like it it is NOT RETURNABLE !!!!!

I have contacted another company that modifies seats to see if they do the
Hyper Seats.

I will keep you posted.

The seat is returnable to sargent within 30 days.

http://fishersaddlebags.com/seats.html

This looks like a Good Option !!!!!!!

·
Registered
501 Posts
Seat concepts does hyper seats. They can be found on wheelingcyclesupply.com. I have seen their DRZ and KTM 690 seats which were both very well made.

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Seat concepts does hyper seats. They can be found on wheelingcyclesupply.com. I have seen their DRZ and KTM 690 seats which were both very well made.
I contacted Seat concepts and they Dont yet,However they said they

are Interested In Making HYPER SEATS. :D

will keep everyone posted!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Ok

and then i dont like it.

I've only got 350 miles on my 1100, but after rallying around 20 miles, my arse was numb. Try googling it. I got a hit from a Aussie forum, they really liked the Sargent seat, and I'm thinking of ordering one. The height is slightly higher than stock, right? Is it comfortable?

·
Premium Member
90 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
I contacted Seat concepts and they Dont yet,However they said they

are Interested In Making HYPER SEATS. :D

will keep everyone posted!!!!!!!!!!!!

boom im in Jersey also andwould be interested. i was actually going to go to a local car shop that customized interiors and see if they could restuff my seat with memory foam instead of me paying 500 bucks for a corbin/seargent seat..

·
Registered
501 Posts
oops wheelingcyclesupply does have one but its not seat concepts.

·
Registered
134 Posts
sat on a Sargent seat the other day, i bit wider then the stock seat but still comfortable. I still prefer the DP racing seat.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I am happy with the stock seat on this 2012 sp cosrse. Is is different than the rest. I know that i had a gel seat on my last hyper and this seat is ten times better than it was.

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
UPDATE bought a like new seat on e bay 50.00 w shipping

sending seat to Fishers Upholstery for mods

will keep every one updated. :D

·
Registered
309 Posts
UPDATE bought a like new seat on e bay 50.00 w shipping

sending seat to Fishers Upholstery for mods

will keep every one updated. :D
Did you asked your upholsters dig two holes for your sit bones?:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts