Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
28,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weather Crashing Fast At Infineon?
by dean adams
Thursday, May 18, 2006

It's a familiar tale, seemingly. The weather in Northern California is picture-perfect for weeks, then the Superbikes roll into town and it rains.

While today the weather is amazingly nice in Sonoma, home of Infineon/Sears Point, the forecast started to get ugly yesterday and is continuing that curve... there is a chance of rain for the weekend, with the threat growing larger as the weekend progresses--and Monday as well.

From the "remember that?" file: World champion Troy Bayliss hung around AMA racing just long enough to set the pole for a race that never happened: Bayliss nailed pole for the Sears Point event in 2000, and then the race was cancelled.

Superbikes don't race in the rain at Infineon.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
OMG, I got so fuggin' drenched on the way home Sunday after the SuperSport race was cancelled!!!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Yep ,that's one reason I didn't go - chickened out because of the weather.
I was there until Monday that year in the paddock, waiting to race too in Pro Thunder...until they finally cancelled because of a trickle of water across the track at Turn 1.
Rgds
Richard

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
trid741 said:
Yep ,that's one reason I didn't go - chickened out because of the weather.
I was there until Monday that year in the paddock, waiting to race too in Pro Thunder...until they finally cancelled because of a trickle of water across the track at Turn 1.
Rgds
Richard
Yup, I did that too. Took off work Monday for nothing. :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.