Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Sean from CCR here....

689 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Gunny Fitz 
#1 ·
Hey guys (and gals)....

If ya got any paint questions I might be able to help ya.

Sean

#7 ·
Wow, I just noticed this question posed to me.

How to cover red with the yellow?

Depends on what you're lookin' for.

If you want the "superlight" yellow, or the same yellow as the first year yellow 748's, (all painted over red 748's), just blast away....

If you're starting from scratch and want the superlight yellow, say over gray aftermarket bodywork, then use white epoxy primer and tint with yellow base coat to an off white eggshell color, then blast away...

If you want the pale yellow found on later yellow 748's...you absolutely must replicate what the factory did, and again, tint the epoxy primer or tint the white non sanding sealer.

There are more details, and the devil is in fact in the details, but this will at lease get you in the ballpark.

sorry for being such a putz with the late reply...I do not haunt these' BB's.

#8 ·
Sites

Hey Sean-O

I put up the front fender you did on here and perhaps even some of my old stuff you did. Perhaps you can post the links to your website and Facebook page next time you come back on here so folks can see all the stuff, including those new 1199 jobs you put out lately! I just did a search for CCR and most of them are comments made by me! LOL. :D

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/56-superbikes/253913-my-new-custom-cf-fender-ccr.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.