Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Us Ducati guys eat better food than soup beans! Cmon.
Im all for it (screw S/B) - Napa Valley is the closest to this style, I'm there w/ the big 1198S often.

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
There's no doubt in my mind that it's reasonably priced.:rolleyes:
I'm kinda' partial to HOOTERS.:yeah:

·
Registered
326 Posts
I won't go until they put trellis frames on their chairs with carbon fiber seating surfaces.:p

+1 on the Napa Valley restaurants. They're soooooooo addictive.:D

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Coffee is probably served in Ducati Preformance cups I'd bet!

·
Registered
71 Posts
If I remember correctly Corse Superbikes in Milwaukee had something very similar to this when they first opened (2000 or 01??????). I think it was pretty cool but it did not catch on and they closed it in favor of more floor space for bikes.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Salt Lake Motorsports had one too. Just "recently" closed.
http://www.saltlakemotorsports.com/ducaticafe.php
I lived just north of Salt Lake City and always wanted to go over there. What an awesome ride that would have been through the mountains. Somehow something always came up and could never take the time to get over there. I wonder if it were in Salt Lake City instead of Park City if it would have done better?

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
There's no doubt in my mind that it's reasonably priced.:rolleyes:
I'm kinda' partial to HOOTERS.:yeah:
once again neil ... you embarrass our DOC :eek:

how many times do i have to tell you :think: ... italian fica is eleventy billion % finer than US fica. :cool:

·
Registered
96 Posts
This is just of my opinion, but I hate it when Ducati does crap like this. It further enforces the sterotype that we are all puss riders that hang out at Starbucks. Just my opinion.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
I'd rather eat at a nice mom-and-pop trattoria and drink the local vino. I've had a belly full of pretentious "fine dining" over the years.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
once again neil ... you embarrass our DOC :eek:

how many times do i have to tell you :think: ... italian fica is eleventy billion % finer than US fica. :cool:
Viva la fica Italiana!

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
This is just of my opinion, but I hate it when Ducati does crap like this. It further enforces the sterotype that we are all puss riders that hang out at Starbucks. Just my opinion.
Just wait until they come out with the Cruiser, then you'll know their true color. Is all about money and as long as they can market, anything that is, they will, just like Orange County Choppers!

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Its not pretentious - actually laid back and cool

I was lucky enough to be in Rome with my family in September. Needless to say we did the usual sights and stopped at the DucatiCafe on the way back from Piazza Novanna for coffee.

The place is modern, comfortable and the staff laid back and friendly. Cute too! It was mostly full of everyday Italian families having a treat on a Sunday afternoon - they had some great coffee liqueur drinks and cool drinks for kids. Merchandise in the attached shop was a bit overpriced, and unfortunately they were out of DucatiCafe T-shirts in my size. I agree the impression is different in the photos though.

neil.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I was lucky enough to be in Rome with my family in September. Needless to say we did the usual sights and stopped at the DucatiCafe on the way back from Piazza Novanna for coffee.

The place is modern, comfortable and the staff laid back and friendly. Cute too! It was mostly full of everyday Italian families having a treat on a Sunday afternoon - they had some great coffee liqueur drinks and cool drinks for kids. Merchandise in the attached shop was a bit overpriced, and unfortunately they were out of DucatiCafe T-shirts in my size. I agree the impression is different in the photos though.

neil.
Damn, wish I knew. Was just there in July..

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Not True brother. Know where the term "Cafe Racer" came from??
Only thing is, those were Brit "transport cafes" (truck stops to us) Big difference.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Not True brother. Know where the term "Cafe Racer" came from??
I know where it came from, I just don't care for the "lifestyle" products ducati is putting out. I understand, Ducati is a publicly traded company and they serve the shareholders to increase revenues but, I just don't care much for the "lifestyle".

1 - 19 of 19 Posts