Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are four tinnerman type threaded screw holes on the under belly of the rear can. The light and signal bracket is alredy attached, so what are those for?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Those are for the OEM plate mounting brackets. I assume you have an aftermartket plate bracket that mounts directly under the tail light assembly

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was like that when I got it so unless they did the Team bike different I guess so.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Was like that when I got it so unless they did the Team bike different I guess so.
Yeah, saw that you do... looks like the Evoluzione, or similar plate bracket. Cleans up the tail nicely compare to stock. If the open threads bother you, pick up some short M4 button-head screws (get stainless steel) to plug 'em up.

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
What is a cool upgrade for the 999 tail is a DucatiDesigns LED tail/brake light kit. Then grab a MultiStrada tail light bezel. The little angular black trim piece that sits right under the lense and is held in by two screws from the back, has a registration light built in underneath it. It even has a clear plastic lense too, beats the little incandescant bulb of the Evoluzione kit that you tap into the tail light bracket. The DD LED kit was a great deal and makes the 999 much more visable from the rear, nice safety upgrade for $100!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK learning more and more about what I fell into. Sounding better and better. I like the LED idea, wife not real happy. Lots of necessary tools and bits and pieces keep coming. :) I will try and find the LED set up. Is there any one with a extra bed room?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Darn found them....anyone want a new unopened set of CF timing covers for OH say 200 shipping included? That would free some change for those folks. Also the boss would be happy. PM if interested. Or I can just put em on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts