Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else ever have issues catching the kickstand or shifting lever on corners? I caught the shift lever on a corner scraping the crap out of it and also bending it into a U shape in return bending the linkage. I also keep catching the kickstand on corners, any input? Thanks

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Think that i would be looking at your suspension set up the boys in world supers or the american / british superbikes seem to be able to lie the over without much decking out.

·
Registered
174 Posts
lastblast said:
Anyone else ever have issues catching the kickstand or shifting lever on corners? I caught the shift lever on a corner scraping the crap out of it and also bending it into a U shape in return bending the linkage. I also keep catching the kickstand on corners, any input? Thanks
Eh! You don't know about the adjustable footpegs? What's your weight? Height at the rear? Suspension setup? Bayliss scrapes the fairing, so if you come back here complaining of that, I'll bow to you. ;) Mind you, Bayliss must be about 52 kilos wringing wet.

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
I would suspect that your suspension is not set up correctly if you are draging your kickstand and your foot pegs. Chances are you big boy,
eat too much. The stock rear shock spring is too light for American riders
of normal stature. I had mine changed out on my Fila before I even rode the thing. I come in at 195lbs with all of my gear. Talk to the guys at Section 8 and they can get you squared away.
248-669-6633 These guys do know how to setup a Ducati.
I will be sending them my rear shock and forks from my 916 as soon as I get a chance. They set up my Fila and it rides and handles like a sweet dream.
BTW I did grind a little off the belly on the bottom right side corner where it sticks out from having installed the 57mm Termignoni exhaust system.
To be honest though I think I clipped the apex a little too close and kissed the curb.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You may be right about the weight, but not the donuts, lol. I am 6’ 2” 225 lbs with 33” waist, guess they consider me an athletic build. Shop did crank seat height up, but that probably wont solve the kickstand hitting. Yes, I could raise the rear sets but then that would cramp my legs up.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Cranking the seat height up may not be enough. Ducs are historically soft in the rear, so you definitely need to add more preload. This was true of both my bikes and I don't weigh nearly as much as you do.

How are your knee pucks? Are you grounding them down pretty good? If not, maybe you just need to learn how to lean your bike less and hang off more. Just a thought.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Well you dont have to ride like that on the road...You might regret it if it catches and you takea a dive...Take the kick stand off when riding on the track and make sure you have someone there to meet you with a rear or front stand when you pull up to a stop...About the lever well buy a racing short lever and place bar -end sliders ...

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am grinding down the knee pucks, and have been hanging off the bike. God did not give me long legs, lol

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mark_mtb said:
Well you dont have to ride like that on the road...You might regret it if it catches and you takea a dive...Take the kick stand off when riding on the track and make sure you have someone there to meet you with a rear or front stand when you pull up to a stop...About the lever well buy a racing short lever and place bar -end sliders ...
You are probably right that I should leave that kind of riding for the track, but track days are far and few between. Every time I go out I think about that I have not written a will. But lately this has been the only thing to calm my nerves. Nothing clears the mind more for me then to take a motorcycle out and ride it hard. I guess what confuses me is the people that buy bikes like this one and don’t ride them. I see so many with only a couple hundred miles on them. I have already put almost 800 on in a little over a month. I chalk it up to being therapy, some people need a shrink, this is all I need

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
lastblast said:
You are probably right that I should leave that kind of riding for the track, but track days are far and few between. Every time I go out I think about that I have not written a will. But lately this has been the only thing to calm my nerves. Nothing clears the mind more for me then to take a motorcycle out and ride it hard. I guess what confuses me is the people that buy bikes like this one and don’t ride them. I see so many with only a couple hundred miles on them. I have already put almost 800 on in a little over a month. I chalk it up to being therapy, some people need a shrink, this is all I need
+1 and an AMEN Brotha!

NOTHING like a few hours of safely flogging (if there is such a thing) my bike to clear the mind and focus on the rush of riding a superbike.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts