Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With 50,000 kms on my GT, I'm wondering how to replace it —for a daily ride anyway —when the sad time comes. (Assuming it dies before I do, but that’s another story.) I’m sure I’m not the only one hoping Ducati bring out a version of the 1100 Scrambler that will fill the void left by the premature death of the Sport Classic line. Let’s hear your wish list, ladies and gentlemen!

Here’s mine: First, it should forget the silly off-road pretensions, and if that includes the Scrambler moniker, so much the better. But it needn’t try too hard to be retro; no Triumph-style fake carbs or finicky wire wheels with heavy rims and tubes, please. I don’t care much about dual rear shocks, either. So with its Ohlins suspension, alloy wheels, good seat, steel tank, and handsome black paint job, the new 1100 Sport looks like a good place to begin. It’s almost there. Maybe Ducati mean to finish the job next year. I’d like the weight trimmed and the motor tuned much as it was on the 1100 Monster and Hypermotard: say 400lbs, 95 horses and 70 lbs of torque. And I want to SEE that handsome motor --by junking the intestine-like headers that hide the cylinders (& presumably make belt upkeep a chore) and trimming the panels and clutter to let in some daylight around the mill. Air-cooled should look air-cooled. Add lower bars, analog clocks, and we’re there.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
I'm not sure that Ducati have any interest in another SportClassic, having got their fingers burned with the originals. The Scrambler is a good starting point, but would need a hell of a lot of changes to make it into a useable road retro.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts