Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Scotts steering damper on my Africa Twin I was thinking about moving over to my Hyper on occasion. However, this is the 'off-road' version instead of the street version.

The difference is in the dampening when going back to center.
  • Street version: Dampens the same in all directions. Helps keep the wheel where it is pointed, straight or turned.
  • Off-road version: Dampens only away from center. No dampening on the return to center. Supposed to be easier in the tehcnial stuff off road and help the bike track straight.

Anyone else try the 'off-road' version on the street?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Don't quote me but I have a notion the Scott's don't fit the air cooled Hypers. I know nothing about the 821's onward.

I guess the off road might be useful if your local roads are rough, might help if hitting pot-holes when cranked over at speed?
I am the least qualified to answer this as I've only had basic dampers on track bikes & the Gubellini I got for the hyper turned out to have a leak so has never been fitted.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I've never found a mounting kit for the scotts type damper for the 821 onward, and I've looked everywhere - just out of curiosity. ..and yes, that includes Alibaba etc..

The ohlins type mount is readily available from around $30 - 100+

1 - 3 of 3 Posts