Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Congrats! I wouldn't part with my 40K+ mile 96 SP for twice that money. And I've got a 05 999S and a Triumph Tiger in the stable.
Amazing find, enjoy her in good health!
900 190.jpg

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
Congrats! I wouldn't part with my 40K+ mile 96 SP for twice that money. And I've got a 05 999S and a Triumph Tiger in the stable.
Amazing find, enjoy her in good health!
View attachment 976038
Thanks, it’s a real clean one. After I cleaned it, very mechanically sound.

I bought a new 92 750ss after watching Doug Polen race in Brainerd Intl raceway, in the AMA Superbike series. And knew I had to have one.

It was the best handling motorcycle I ever had. Such a solid inspiring chassis and motor combo.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Best looking SS ! Awesome find, long lusted after bike for me..
Me as well. As someone else posted, ride her in good health, awesome score. Mine was only a bit less money, but alot less well loved. Thus requiring more money and a great deal of effort to get it to a rideable condition.........sean

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Here is a picture of the Head Studs, not sure what I'm looking at and if these have the updated ones. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
They appear blackish to me as well. They look shinier in the photos as opposed to visual with the eye.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Beautiful 900 SS but FYI: The belts may look brand new but the engine did not run for long time so the sections of the belts over the cams were stressed and hence weakened. Also you do not know when the belts were last changed. If I were you replacing the belts would be one of the first things I would do. Ca Cycleworks ExactFit™ Timing Belts for 900 SS

21 - 29 of 29 Posts