Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all -

Am looking for a detailed schematic of any 250 single frame, with measurements, angles, etc. Anyone know of a resource online? I have a number of books and workshop manuals and nothing is documented.

What I'm really trying to get at is the dimensions of the rear seat loop - the previous owner of mine cut his and I want to weld a new loop back on to original spec.

Anyone feel like pulling their seat and snapping a photo or two and taking some measurements?? :) :)

Cheers -
alan

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Here are a few dimensions from my '66 250 Monza:

• Center of the shock mounts to the back/outside of the loop = approximately 14.20" (360mm).
  • At approx. 10" (255mm) back from the center of the shock mounts the loop bends up so that the end is 0.625" (16mm) higher. Working from the other direction the bends are approx 4" (100mm) from the back edge of the loop.
  • The sides are approx. 6.625" (168mm) apart measured at the outside of the tubes.
Pics here: http://s100.photobucket.com/albums/m32/SP3-322/monza loop/

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WOW!

Firstly - thanks a ton for the great photos and measurements.

Secondly - that is a GREAT looking frame. What's your plan for building it up?

Here is my project - its currently stripped down to the frame - gonna start to get my weld on tomorrow night. You can see in the 2nd pic the work on the rear seat loop needed.

Cheers,
AK

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
My plans are that there are no plans. It WAS going to be restored and it was fairly close a number of years ago. In the interim it has regressed for various reasons to its current state of incompleteness. I haven't been working on it much lately so that has to change first.

Your loop work looks to be pretty easy - not completely hacked as I've seen elsewhere. At least you have a starting point.

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Gloss black powdercoat with a beautifully settled layer of extremely fine garage dust. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts