Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone,

I have been trying to buy a 1098s/1198s from the states and ship it back to Australia.

I have probably come across 7-8 advertisements so far - from cycletrader, oodle, craigslist, ebay - that are all just a bunch of crap, scammers from nigeria with fake american names - emails etc... trying to get money out of you.

After you ask them for more specific details - copies of identification, passports, licenses phone numbers & copies of registration papers, proving ownership, engine & VIN no's.......... they pull the pin and never get back to you.

I'm getting very tired & sick of these scumbags!

thought i'd give a heads up, and see if anyone else has had these problems...?

cheers,
Mongo

·
Registered
403 Posts
Yep,
I believe I did. I was looking for a clean, low mileage 1098 and when it was time to talk the talk and walk the walk, he just vaporized. Yeah, buyer beware, brother. Cheers, Martyn

·
Registered
511 Posts
Personally, I would not spend that kind of coin without seeing things in person, although I realize that you are half the world away. They don't sell those bikes in Oz? How's about going through a real dealer?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have checked out a few dealers, but they are generally more expensive...

but either way, a 1098s/1198s sells for 35k AUD here in australia!!!!!

even with 2-3k in import expenses it works out so much freakin cheaper...

here's an example, they are often long-winded stories, or short sentences w/ extremely bad engrish...........

Hello,

The bike is still for sale. Never had any mechanical problems. I must tell you that I had to move to Italy, Rome one month ago with my work and I took the bike with me hoping to drive it here as well. I work in Public relations department at a hotel here and because of this job I change my home quite often. Here I had an unpleasant surprise because the bike is an US model and to pay the registration here in Europe, to pass all the emissions and standards and many other, would be quite expensive and nobody would do it. I tried to sell it locally but it was not successfully. That is why I am trying to sell the bike back in USA, there will be no further problems because the bike passes US emissions standards and DOT & EPA as long as it has been purchased in US space.
I can deliver the bike to your address and I will agree to let you test it and inspect it for a few days just to be sure. I am going to use a shipping company to deliver it and you will pay the shipping and insurance fees. I want to use this company because I used it to bring the bike here and they had a excellent service, it came with absolutely no damage or scratches.
It should take about 8-10 days to get the bike.
If interested please reply asap.
Thank you for your time.

P.S. I have attached more pictures with my bike

Kind regards,

Giovanni

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello Again ,
The shipping and insurance cost is $1000 , total price with shipping will be $8000 The shipping will be done through www.ati-exports.com ocean freight, as i said in my previous email they had a excellent service. The bike will arrive in 8-10 days at your home address. I will provide you a tracking # of the shipment and after that you will have 12 h for pay me by western union on my address .You know that if you have the tracking number you will receive the bike at your door 100 % and you can keep checking the status at "Track Your Package" section.

I will explain you step by step how this will work.
1. you send me your full address and your name where you want the bike to be delivered .
2. i will ship the bike with www.ati-exports.com .
3. When it is done i will send you tracking number for your bike.
4.You will check the tracking number at company website.
5. If is ok you have to pay me via western union on my address 50 % of the total amount 6. After you will make the payment at western union on my name and address you will have to e-mail the details to me.
7.You will receive the bike with all papers.

Once you have the bike inspected and if you agree to keep it you will have to pay me the rest.
Also the shipping company offers 7 days return policy time while you can check it out and return it if you don`t agree with the condition.The return is free of charge if you do it in 7 days.Once you will return the bike, you will have your money back , due to their return policy that i will sign when i will make the delivery .
If you have any questions please let me know. I can be reached at
+393406857990 . If you are a serious buyer and you agree to the
guidelines above, please reply in the affirmative and i will ship the bike.
Best regards

Giovanni

such a waste of time... both for him & myself!
they should just get fucking real jobs !!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dear -,

i live in the US but i have a dealer that get the
bike direct from the factory, we sell these bikes
all over the worlds , and never had a problem .

- shoejunkie09

To: shoejunkie09
Subject: Re: - has sent a question about: Payment & Checkout for item #170398589260, that ended on Oct-29-09 09:44:25 PDT - Ducati : Superbike
Sent Date: Oct-29-09 17:18:05 PDT

Dear shoejunkie09,

what number is this?

this is not a number from Bologna Italy.

please call me -

- 56relicstrat

To: -
Subject: You've received an answer to your question about item Ducati : Superbike
Sent Date: 30-Oct-09 11:02:44 AEDST

Dear -,

call 316-371-6125

- shoejunkie09

Subject: Re: - has sent a question about: Payment & Checkout for item #170398589260, that ended on Oct-29-09 09:44:25 PDT - Ducati : Superbike
Sent Date: Oct-29-09 16:39:43 PDT

Dear shoejunkie09,

right,
Can you please email me at -
providing the FURTHER INFORMATION,
as requested previously. (SEE BELOW)

>hello,
I would like to pay for this item, however first I need to see some
verification.

I need copies of personal and company Identification - FULL NAME, PASSPORT
& LICENSE.
I also need more information about the bike.
Australia has tough import laws and I need to verify the bike will
be Australian Design Rule (ADR) compliant, and I need a 'letter
of compliance' from the manufacturer - Ducati.

Can you please provide a contact TELEPHONE NUMBER, and a
CONTACT EMAIL to discuss these details further.

You can contact me on -
and at : -

thanking you,
-

-

To: -
Subject: You've received an answer to your question about item Ducati : Superbike
Sent Date: 30-Oct-09 08:36:52 AEDST

Dear -,

we shipped 2 motorcycles to australia you will have
nothing to worry about

- shoejunkie09

Subject: - has sent a question about: Payment & Checkout for item #170398589260, that ended on Oct-29-09 09:44:25 PDT - Ducati : Superbike
Sent Date: Oct-29-09 13:55:39 PDT

Dear shoejunkie09,

hello,
I would like to pay for this item, however first I need to see some
verification.

I need copies of personal and company Identification - passport
& license.
I also need more information about the bike.
Australia has tough import laws and I need to verify the bike will
be Australian Design Rule (ADR) compliant, and I need a 'letter
of compliance' from the manufacturer - Ducati.

Can you please provide a contact telephone number, and a
contact email to discuss these details further.

You can contact me on -
and at : -

thanking you,
-

·
Registered
35 Posts
Mongo I just Bought a 2003 999 6000$. While shopping for the Bike I also ran Into alot of deals that where just to good to be true . 2005 999 6k miles 3500$ ect . its a Shame because alot of people will fall for these adds thinking they are real. Mainly because people are thinkings the ad is legit because of the lacking economy bringing prices down .

·
Registered
38 Posts
Are you by any chance interested in a 1098R? I know shipping would be around $700.00. Already quote to ship to NZ. Let me know! 7877911887 (Puerto Rico). I am a dealer if you are wondering.

hello everyone,

I have been trying to buy a 1098s/1198s from the states and ship it back to Australia.

I have probably come across 7-8 advertisements so far - from cycletrader, oodle, craigslist, ebay - that are all just a bunch of crap, scammers from nigeria with fake american names - emails etc... trying to get money out of you.

After you ask them for more specific details - copies of identification, passports, licenses phone numbers & copies of registration papers, proving ownership, engine & VIN no's.......... they pull the pin and never get back to you.

I'm getting very tired & sick of these scumbags!

thought i'd give a heads up, and see if anyone else has had these problems...?

cheers,
Mongo

·
Bon Vivant
11,229 Posts
The problem is dude - you are trying to get one of these bikes CHEAP! That's were you run into problems -
guys that have these bikes may be willing to take a little hit on the price due to the economy but nobody is going to take it in the shorts.

The really cheap ones are usually cheap for a reason - they are a SCAM!

Get real and you'll find a real seller. :rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts