Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Preemptive Caveat - I am in no way associated with the maker of this device.

That said, I just got back from a nice trip with a good friend (a Guzzi rider and a gadget freak). He talked me into purchasing the Scala Rider. It was excellent and really added, for me at least, a new dimension to a multi-day trip. Glad that I bought it.

While I don't feel at all comfortable using the Bluetooth to operate my cell, the helmet to helmet communication was strikingly good.

My buddy has lots of other electronic goodies that would distract me too much (GPS, XM) and he reported that the Scala worked flawlessly with them. He noted that he felt less distracted as he did not have to look at his GPS; voice commands came through the helmet speakers.

Just an FYI if anyone is considering communication devices.

Best,

·
Registered
121 Posts
I bought a pair in late August, really love the clarity in conversation, but two issues I have are:

1) Sound quality in music leaves much to be desired

2) Damn things constantly que up the mike at speeds over 60MPH, so much so that tempted to just shut them off when on freeway.

If I could solve these two issues, I'd love the units!

·
Mr Leakered
8,823 Posts
I've had my Scala Rider (now called the Rider Solo) for almost 3yrs. It only has one speaker. The thing still holds a forever charge.

With the fam, a BT headset was a bit of a must. It has never been distracting. Folks usually think I'm in the office or the house, until I downshift and get the duc running around 7k.

I'm excited for the Rider G4 to come to market. Maybe it is time to upgrade. Christmas?

Have a good one.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Music, etc.

I bought a pair in late August, really love the clarity in conversation, but two issues I have are:

2) Damn things constantly que up the mike at speeds over 60MPH, so much so that tempted to just shut them off when on freeway.

If I could solve these two issues, I'd love the units!
I just plugged in my Ipod this morning. You are right on about the quality of the music through the speakers. It certainly does leave much to be desired. I will say though, I could hear it, but I guess that I did not enjoy it as much as I thought that I would.

I will have to wait and see what happens with the mike que-up when at freeway speeds. Took the long way into work this morning :)

Best,

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BT and cellphone

"With the fam, a BT headset was a bit of a must. It has never been distracting. Folks usually think I'm in the office or the house, until I downshift and get the duc running around 7k."

My wife would really like to be able to get in touch with me too in case of emergency. It's hard to hear my ringtone over the much nicer music of Sils :D

Maybe I will have to put my tech-phobia aside and give it a try.

Thanks for the heads up on this.

Best,

·
Registered
630 Posts

Is it possible to either replace the speakers or use a good quality headset that doesn't block all th outside noise?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts