Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
My first thought is are the belts too tight. I will say this though having only listened to it on my phone which as we know is not the best sound source. Hopefully, I am sure others will have some ideas. Was the bike really hot or did you just crank it.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
It does sound a bit 'whiney', but is probably ok. I think that the DS1000 engine often sounds like that when the belts are 'correctly' tensioned.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My first thought is are the belts too tight. I will say this though having only listened to it on my phone which as we know is not the best sound source. Hopefully, I am sure others will have some ideas. Was the bike really hot or did you just crank it.

@motoFiend its actually not mine. Its one I'm looking to pick up actually. Looking at a few other videos it does seem like this isn't that out of the ordinary (this whiney sound). I guess most of the videos I've seen are in garages which amplify the sound of the exhaust versus the engine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It does sound a bit 'whiney', but is probably ok. I think that the DS1000 engine often sounds like that when the belts are 'correctly' tensioned.

@Duccout thanks for the reply -- I did look at some more videos and I tend to agree. I do notice the 'whiney' sound from those bikes as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
That distinctive whine is actually something I love hearing. It probably sounds better in person, I bet the camera is picking up the whine more than the actual exhaust.

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts
It has an interesting "lope" to the idle I don't recognize. :confused:

That's what I notice also. With the ECU and tune I now have in my S2R1000 it does that when I first start up. After it warms up it goes away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 10 of 10 Posts