Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my 2007 Sport Classic SE, the previous owner has repainted the bike to triclore, which in my opinion ruins the bike classic look. The question is where can I get hold of the original decal in gold for the tank, coil and fender?

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
999 Posts
dont think these decals are readily available..

your best bet might be to take some measurements and have some vinyl's custom made to spec.

however on the complete random chance you find a place that sells these decals ready to go please let .MS know.. these lines would look good in serveral color schemes.. GL

·
Registered
292 Posts
Have you tried the Duc dealer? I bought the all white full OE decal set for the Black SE about two months ago, so that is dealer available. Dont know why they would have that and not the Gold version? Special order from the boot.

·
Registered
152 Posts
i just had my SE painted and ordered the decals from motowheels. they are not original but the gold color is a pretty nice match and i'm happy with the quality. i measured/drafted the "ducati" and "desmo" next and sent the files for them to cut. i also redrew the "desmo" so it's the double line font (to match the "ducati" font on the tank). I can send you the vector files if you want them.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you tried the Duc dealer? I bought the all white full OE decal set for the Black SE about two months ago, so that is dealer available. Dont know why they would have that and not the Gold version? Special order from the boot.
Hi which dealer did you get it from?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i just had my SE painted and ordered the decals from motowheels. they are not original but the gold color is a pretty nice match and i'm happy with the quality. i measured/drafted the "ducati" and "desmo" next and sent the files for them to cut. i also redrew the "desmo" so it's the double line font (to match the "ducati" font on the tank). I can send you the vector files if you want them.
Could you post some pictures?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Why did people even buy the Special Edition if they were gonna paint over it and why does Ducati make some of their best bike designs in limited edition anyway??? Limited edition items should have a more niche - or unattainable appeal - like a solid gold big mac... or something of the sort.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Why did people even buy the Special Edition if they were gonna paint over it and why does Ducati make some of their best bike designs in limited edition anyway??? Limited edition items should have a more niche - or unattainable appeal - like a solid gold big mac... or something of the sort.

Agree David, unfortunately that was the case when I got it, but the bike is worth every penny!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Agree David, unfortunately that was the case when I got it, but the bike is worth every penny!
We had a post about this bike a few months ago. This bike really has some great mods..... very glad to see your planning to repaint it and bring it back to its original paint scheme...

·
Registered
456 Posts
I like that colour scheme and would probably ride it as is before changing it back. It looks reasonably well done too.
I want to get my carbon front fender done in a similar scheme, except yellow with a black stripe....
That bike really does look good.
So have you received the bike yet, or is it in transit?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Gat looking bike, love the pipes and mods.

I bought then at GP Motorcycles /Duc rep in San Diego.

Phone:* 619.233.GPMC (4762)**

I had to work with parts guy a while so they got all the numbers right. The black Duc has different stickers b/c of the collor.

I did not use the ones I bought, if you want the all white for a black bike instead of the gold. I had my painter paint the logo on Instead, I would reccomend that, comes out slightly less perfect but looks more old school and one of.. Most painters can put the logos on the colors you want no problem for about what buying the vinyl from the dealer costs or less in added cost if your painting anyway.

·
Premium Member
2,887 Posts

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts