Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

201 - 220 of 239 Posts
6,043 Posts
to reapair the case is a long haul
I can do this but the time and cost is alot and it can be made to look new with the right welder.
Nevertheless
I would think it would affect the price if the history of the bike is documented or conveyed at the time for the sale

the title and the numbered sequence plaque is what carries the value here

How about the engine # matching the frame, does it matter if the motor get swap out? (For other dry clutch)

I mean there a big crack right behind the motor and it's very noticeable. Does it hurt the over all value after the repair?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
193 Posts
I would say the value is most when you have frame and engine numer as it left the factory, anything else is going to devalue the bike.
The history of an accident is also bound to alter the value , if you had two bikes one accident repaired you would pay more for the straight bike.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
How to tell its not a fake?

So back to question about it being a fake? And being a 1000 with an SE triple upper...

I'm actually in contact with the seller now since the bike is only 2 hours away.

I know it was rear ended by why wouldn't he keep the original tank and cowl as proof etc etc.

Any info on what to inspect for to make sure it's authentic would be great.

I ran the vin and it just says "2007 Duacti SportClassic GT1000"

No SE anywhere on the report.

Any info would be GREATLY appreciated

-chris

6,043 Posts
Look what I found

07 DUCATI SPORT CLASSIC 1000 SE RARE BIKE NUMBER 22 of 100 made DS1000

So back to question about it being a fake? And being a 1000 with an SE triple upper...

I'm actually in contact with the seller now since the bike is only 2 hours away.

I know it was rear ended by why wouldn't he keep the original tank and cowl as proof etc etc.

Any info on what to inspect for to make sure it's authentic would be great.

I ran the vin and it just says "2007 Duacti SportClassic GT1000"

No SE anywhere on the report.

Any info would be GREATLY appreciated

-chris

·
Registered
289 Posts
$4350 and still didn't sell... what a rip, that bike isn't worth anyone's time to try and rebuild for anything more than $3k

Did you run that VIN through Ducati?

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Vin

I didn't run the VIN through Ducati, I ran it through the ebay sponsored InstaVin.

Yeah I think I'm just gonna wait. I got TOO many questions with this bike to be sure I'm buying an SE.

So what's gonna happen on the SE headcount thread regarding this #22...

·
Registered
811 Posts
He wants $5k
JC, were you thinking about taking this on as a project? What do SE's go for? I follow most every PS, 1000 and 1000s I can find just to see what is being sold and for how much. But to tell the truth, I've just never been in to the SE's, so I don't really follow them but then again I don't see too many up for sale either.

If he is selling it for $5k add say $2k to fix the frame, $500 for the engine welding (give or take- i honestly don't know), then estimate another $5k for everything else it will most likely need - would it be even worth it? Or am I completely off on the amount it would take to get it running?

Friedman70 I know it was rear ended by why wouldn't he keep the original tank and cowl as proof etc etc.
He states in the listing that the tank and cowl have been primered, so it must have been damaged in the wreck.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I think at that price and time that you would invest in the bike, what is the benefit? you wasted months to fix the bike (Time) and then the cost to fix and replace parts... in the end you are spending the same amount as just waiting for an SE to pop up for sale.

If it was cheaper, then you are just investing more time to save money, but that doesn't appear the case here

6,043 Posts
It crossed my mind for a second because I have all the it stuff here and have the resources to resurrect this SE. I recently cleaned up a bike that was neglected and the cost was well over $5k
So this would probably be well over that.
The big stuff is easy. The attention to the little things and the small parts makes it or breaks a restoration
JC, were you thinking about taking this on as a project? What do SE's go for? I follow most every PS, 1000 and 1000s I can find just to see what is being sold and for how much. But to tell the truth, I've just never been in to the SE's, so I don't really follow them but then again I don't see too many up for sale either.

If he is selling it for $5k add say $2k to fix the frame, $500 for the engine welding (give or take- i honestly don't know), then estimate another $5k for everything else it will most likely need - would it be even worth it? Or am I completely off on the amount it would take to get it running?

He states in the listing that the tank and cowl have been primered, so it must have been damaged in the wreck.

·
Registered
811 Posts
It crossed my mind for a second because I have all the it stuff here and have the resources to resurrect this SE. I recently cleaned up a bike that was neglected and the cost was well over $5k
So this would probably be well over that.
The big stuff is easy. The attention to the little things and the small parts makes it or breaks a restoration
Yea, that's what I thought. It's hard to tell exactly what needs to be replaced and what the owner had purchased. Also, the motor only has 3k miles on it but without being able to ride or at least start it, you just never know what you're getting. I do see most of the things it needs pop up on ebay all of the time. But as you say, once you start replacing all of the little things it adds up pretty quickly. There is even an SE tank on ebay for sale at the moment. Just hate to see one waste away, especially a SE SC.

6,043 Posts
Unfortunately this is a wrecked bike and will always be a wrecked bike.
No matter how you slice it it will have this history.

Yea, that's what I thought. It's hard to tell exactly what needs to be replaced and what the owner had purchased. Also, the motor only has 3k miles on it but without being able to ride or at least start it, you just never know what you're getting. I do see most of the things it needs pop up on ebay all of the time. But as you say, once you start replacing all of the little things it adds up pretty quickly. There is even an SE tank on ebay for sale at the moment. Just hate to see one waste away, especially a SE SC.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Hope you're not counting the Back in Black bike they are based on, that would be like saying the Imola winner just another PS.
I guess I am talking about back in black from post #180. If it is #000 why wouldn't it count? It was for sale on ebay....

201 - 220 of 239 Posts