Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I recently purchased an 07 SC1000s a couple of months ago. When I picked up the bike, the owner had taken off the crg mirrors to strap the bike down. He was going to send them to me but lost them when he moved. I told him if he could find the original mirrors I would rather have them. After 2 months of riding the bike without mirrors I finally received a package this weekend with both mirrors. Unfortunately, the left side mirror was damaged. It is missing the rubber pad and the metal piece that holds the spring and bolts the mirrors onto the fairing. It doesn't look like you can just order the metal piece from Ducati. I was wondering if anyone had a left side mirror that may have been damaged that they would be willing to sell. I hate having to buy a $200 mirror when all I need is a $5 piece of metal.

Thanks....tg

Attachments

·
Registered
257 Posts
Bummer........I had a low speed low side 2 years back that scratched my "Right" side mirror. I Found a brand new one on E-Bay, that week, for $50 bucks. Doesn't help you I know, but....the stock mirrors aren't that good (although they look "marvelous").
I've got a set of CRG's on the way to try out. Seems I might actually be able to see something in them. Sorry, but I won't part with the originals. I don't change anything I can't walk backwards....so far!

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sportbob...Thanks for the reply's. Just trying to keep all original parts to the bike. I've heard where some people don't like the stock mirrors and I've heard some have no problems. If I don't like them, I to will most likely get a set of CRG mirrors. But at least I will have the stock mirrors as an option.

·
Registered
257 Posts
The stockers are fine for checking you blind spots but you can't easily see behind you without contorting. Cops hate it if you don't pull over right away......... but that's another story!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.