Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having had the bike for a couple months now, I have come to the conclusion that the mirrors are essentially useless unless I am really crouched over with my elbows pulled in tight. Fine for the track no doubt, but not so much for daily riding. I know there are many threads regarding bar end mirrors, but is there a consensus as to which are the best solution for these bikes? Thanks.

·
Registered
242 Posts
i actually really like the look, but i aggree theyre pretty much useless. i flipped them under, and kicked them out. now i dont really see them unless i am intentionally looking for them, plus the bike looks cool. i use them to see if i have objects moving quickly up my a$$. the mirrors work great for that, and as an added bonus, you can even see flashing red and blues :)

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
mirrors

I first went with the "Ducati SportClassic bar end mirrors"
(part #: 96621106B) and I immediately hated them. They stuck out too far. Also, the mirror itself was very small and not concave and thus if they weren't adjusted perfectly, they were either looking up at clouds or down at asphalt. Further, they were fragile and easily bumped out of alignment. And the hardware was crap as as the adjustment screws were easily stripped if over tightened. So in case I'm not being clear, they stunk.

I next went with CRG folding mirrors attached to Manic Salander bar end weights, and I'm loving that set up. The mirrors provide a great view, and the bar end weights knock down bar vibration by 95%.

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
I don't have a "S" model but I did switch the stock nepolean bar ends on the Sport1000 for CRG circles, much like 07Sport1000S, except mine are non-folding. They are fish-eyed so they give more visibility then you would think. Also they are rock solid steady, I don't recall seeing any vibration through them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I went with Rizoma reverse retro after paying $200 for the Ducati mirrors. I liked the black look better than chrome.

If anyone wants a set of as new as used can be Ducati mirrors cheap let me know...they are collecting dust.:D

·
Registered
80 Posts
Ducati bar ends

Hi

I went with the ducati bar-end mirrors and love them. Real easy to set up wit two people (you sit on bike and get friend/Mrs to adjust to your liking and then tighten them up). Once that was done I haven't moved them since and they haven't moved themselves either!

I had CRG but they stuck out too much for filtering for me where as the Duc ones go up and over your bars so not any wider. No vibration and also not convex like CRG which I just found dangerous until I got used to it. Cars seem miiiiiiles away until you do a shoulder check and realise they are actually 10ft away!

All IMHO of course!

Attachments

·
Registered
171 Posts
i actually really like the look, but i aggree theyre pretty much useless. i flipped them under, and kicked them out.
Squarecat, Are you talking about the 1000s mirrors or the 1000 non-fairing mirrors? :confused:
Because if you modded the original 1000s mirrors I would love to see pics of how it looks. I want to do something with my mirrors as well, they are useless.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts