Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bikes just had its 2nd birthday , and Id have to admit im extremely happy with it , hasnt missed a beat and gets smoother and better with age and klm's done. I ride it everyday , rain, hain or shine to work and back, is all highway speed running with no traffic stop start stuff.

Gets a cold start off and go every morning at 4.30 am , thats why I never bothered with AM pipes for added noise to piss off the neighbours .

Left the stock gearing setup as suits the mileage, speeds and distance I do, I get excellent mileage and grip out of stock tyres so happy to replace with another one of the same to keep the original look.

I love it because its a simple honest machine , I use it as a workhorse not a show pony , and is pleasing to the eye :)

True its not perfect in any way for the intial price paid , in lots of ways , but looking at it in the longer term , appearing to be excellent value for money :)

Its got a bit of soul and a heart of gold, and not hard on the wallet with running costs to boot :)

Attachments

·
Registered
737 Posts
A great read and all good info. Thanks for taking the time for the report. I'm finding my 1000S a little stiff and hard to get to grips with after coming from the GT...although i think a lot of that is due to the suspension not being dialed in properly yet. Look forward to fast forwarding 2 years ;)

·
Banned
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Heres a Pic of me 25 years ago , with my MkIII and trusty GS1000G , I suppose in a nutshell the SC gives me a similar riding pleasure to the Guzzi ( Minus the Superb Sound ) , with the reliabilty of the Suzuki. I had a new SSD in 81 and was the biggest dissapointment in my whole riding life, Still in my mind the finest looking bike ever made in Silver and Blue , sex on wheels, but mine was a horror of unreliabilty to the max ( 3 new cyl heads in 3000klms ) etc and was slower than my CB750 . So I launched it real quick for a new GSX1100.

The SC's restored my faith in things that are good about life :)

Who cares about internet wanking about less unsprung weight and titanium bolt kits and bolt on anal thermometors , sure you can tweak them up if you wish , but I dont see the point spending mega bucks for wank value on a 90 hp engine .

Its acutualy the lowest HP bike if had for over 15 years and perfectly suited to real world road riding in todays conditions.

Attachments

·
Banned
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Ive got over 50k's on it now , been waiting for the fork seals to blow so I can get it revalved and springed etc ,but the buggers wont let go yet , lol, thats funny, I remember when European bikes would blow a fork seal just by using tie downs, lol .

·
Registered
1,109 Posts

Who cares about internet wanking about less unsprung weight and titanium bolt kits and bolt on anal thermometors , sure you can tweak them up if you wish , but I dont see the point spending mega bucks for wank value on a 90 hp engine .

LOL! That is going to be a quote to remember. It might make my signature...

·
Registered
368 Posts
good stuff man! love that all weather thing :D. re AM pipes - termis with the baffles in are very civil... sad, but civil and can be ripped out in 5 mins for a blast in the weekend!!

·
Banned
2,916 Posts
my titanium anal thermometor reads 37.20 degrees
while i am entertained with this nice report.

:cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts