Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

SC1000 insurance almost twice the cost of a GT1000!

2302 13
I was checking the latest insurance rates online from my neighborhood friendly anti-motorcycle public insurance monopoly's website and determined that this year I'll pay the exact same atrocious rate as a Superbike (almost 3k per year) and in this province there is no other choice!!! The SC is classified as a full out liter class sport bike! I find my bike sporty, but it sure isn't a Superbike!

So, out of curiosity... I ran the rates for a GT1000 ... and they were almost half as much, WTF, they're basically the same bike! So now I'm thinking, it might be cost effective to get a GT frame and swap the parts, taking the SC (frame) off the road... I presume other than the side panel mounts and the dimple free rear subframe, it should be a direct swap, since (hello insurance company) they're the same bike.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.