Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was checking the latest insurance rates online from my neighborhood friendly anti-motorcycle public insurance monopoly's website and determined that this year I'll pay the exact same atrocious rate as a Superbike (almost 3k per year) and in this province there is no other choice!!! The SC is classified as a full out liter class sport bike! I find my bike sporty, but it sure isn't a Superbike!

So, out of curiosity... I ran the rates for a GT1000 ... and they were almost half as much, WTF, they're basically the same bike! So now I'm thinking, it might be cost effective to get a GT frame and swap the parts, taking the SC (frame) off the road... I presume other than the side panel mounts and the dimple free rear subframe, it should be a direct swap, since (hello insurance company) they're the same bike.

· Premium Member
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya, Manitoba blows for motorcycles. A friend sold his VFR as it was going to cost him the same as he paid for it to ensure each year... how does that make sense?

WTB clear title Canadian GT1000 frame ...

· Premium Member
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ya, Manitoba is Public (government) insurance, there's no other choice.

Age doesn't change the rates (else it would work in my favor). But there are discounts for accident free years. Going with the lowest deductabe only varies the rates a few hundred dollars, the vehicles type classification (sport) and value bracket are the only major factors.

· Premium Member
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There should really be a consideration for horsepower or something quantifiable (accident statistics). I'm sure the Sport Classic does not cause the insurer the same as a Superbike to cover.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.