Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, some help requied if pos got a 07 year sc went to take her out today in a rare break in the rain here in england and she ran for about a minute then cut out and now wont start ,she wants to and goes to catch then cuts out ?? any help would be greatfully recived ,thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Sounds like the clamp on the fuel pump in the tank is loose. There's a recall on it.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Loose fuel hose clamp.....,.

Open the fuel cap, turn the key, if you hear and see fuel sloshing around....it's the hose clamp issue. Under recall...free
Good Luck!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks alot guys just got off the phone to my ducati dealer , no recall on that problem here in uk but will check with ducati uk on monday so fingers crossed and thanks again

·
Premium Member
2,889 Posts
thanks alot guys just got off the phone to my ducati dealer , no recall on that problem here in uk but will check with ducati uk on monday so fingers crossed and thanks again
When it comes to fueling, UK bikes are no different than US bikes or AU bikes. The OEM hose clamp comes off, the hose comes loose, and fuel just gets pushed around in the fuel tank instead. Your local dealer needs to get off his ass, blow the dust off the recall notices, and start reading :rolleyes: This recall is very well known amongst SC owners...that and rectifier/regulators that like to burn everything they touch.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When it comes to fueling, UK bikes are no different than US bikes or AU bikes. The OEM hose clamp comes off, the hose comes loose, and fuel just gets pushed around in the fuel tank instead. Your local dealer needs to get off his ass, blow the dust off the recall notices, and start reading :rolleyes: This recall is very well known amongst SC owners...that and rectifier/regulators that like to burn everything they touch.
hahaha like your style sir ,call the dealer back to ask again and he said "nothing on that recall from ducati" it may be just in the u.s ,i explained there is no differance in fueling between uk,us or aussie bikes he was at a lose to explain why?????? ,i love ducati uk their great :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,889 Posts
Here's the fuel pump removed: Fuel Pump - IMG 2564 - AirCooledNut.com

If you're comfortable with tearing into your bike you could make the fix yourself. The hose clamp can be just a generic stainless steel hose band you'd get at a hardware store -- nothing magical about it.

I'm more of a car guy but having removed the tank and pump I wouldn't mind doing it again as it wasn't difficult. Remove the fuel tank and then remove the pump. Relatively simple and you could put a new hose clamp on. If you're new at motorcycle repairs I would estimate a 2-4 hour spot of time to allow yourself to do it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here's the fuel pump removed: Fuel Pump - IMG 2564 - AirCooledNut.com

If you're comfortable with tearing into your bike you could make the fix yourself. The hose clamp can be just a generic stainless steel hose band you'd get at a hardware store -- nothing magical about it.

I'm more of a car guy but having removed the tank and pump I wouldn't mind doing it again as it wasn't difficult. Remove the fuel tank and then remove the pump. Relatively simple and you could put a new hose clamp on. If you're new at motorcycle repairs I would estimate a 2-4 hour spot of time to allow yourself to do it.
thanks for that removed replaced filter and clamp quite easy if you take your time ,thanks again air cooled nut :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
help!!!!

well that did not last long !!!!! 2 runs out and same problem ,the last time about 2 hours ago ,1st time no problem at all ,this time was out 20 mins loss of power stopped wont start !! there is a spark anyway of checking without takeing the fuel pump etc out again ??? any help very welcome guys :confused:
forget all above problem sorted the pipe had come off that conects to the fuel filter in the tank , i must have not tighted it up enough .......DOH!!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts