Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at some of the Monsters in the Monster subforum I spy with my little eye these slip ons from SC Project. The gaping maw of the outlet reminds me of the Bassani pipes used on various 4 strokes in the 70s/80s. See attached images.

They look great, and from the videos I've watched this morning they seem to sound excellent. The sound reminds me of the vertical twins at Ascot. Love that off-throttle snort, too!

What say you?

(thanks!)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds mean. I like how short the actual can is.
As do I! They aren't deadly expensive either (the slip ons, that is). Looking at the SC Project web page I can't find a direct bolt on set of slip-ons that would fit my motorcycle, which is a bummer. But I would render a guess that someone so inclined could retrofit a pair of their "mufflers" to the stock 1996 900SS/CR exhaust system.

Damn .... really really nice stuff there. I'm not a fan of carbon fiber stuff (it's been so over done by now that it doesn't appeal to me), I prefer the look of stainless, with flat black heat paint being a close second.

~~~ let me dig through my collection of pics here ... AH! ... Yes! ... here's a few examples ~~~

The black exhaust (not just the tips) remind of the days when high performance exhausts were often hand made by the bike's owner or a race team's lead fabricator. I'm talkin' late 70s/early 80s. The gloss black wheels are also attractive on that bike. Neato Kapeato ...

The yellow bike depicts the GPR slip ons I presently have coming in from Italy. Combined with the stainless stock exhaust system, the all stainless look is pretty nice.

(I've been told the stock exhaust on the 1996 900SS/CR is all stainless, all I have to go on is what I've been told as well as tons of pictures that support those claims).

Anyhow .... movin' on ....

:)

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts