Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Fantastic. I bought a Ducati to go flat out. I love it. I do a track day every 2 weeks and I am completely knackered the next day but I rode a wild horse which makes me very happy. Great to hear the back end of the action instead of angry wind and bugs. Good luck, we will be watching you.
Best speed with a tail wind is 225 kph on the track with a hair pin coming up and she will do that every lap regardless of rider inpuut.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Am I the only old fart who thinks of Pink Floyd when I hear that flyby?

God it does sound good though! Thanks for the link

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
My 966 Monster PICS

Awesome clips. Any chance of some pics and tech on the Monster? My first Duc was a Monster and I've got to get another someday.
Here is my list of what I had done as of last July ... since then I have stripped it down to the frame again and fabbed another set of trile clamps for it. It was built as a streetfighter . Most is one off stuff ....

I just finished cuttin all the unnecessesary tabs offa the frame and powder coated it ...note the mounts I welded on for my coils , recifier, oil cooler , batt box and tail lite\fender eliminator'. Also a nice tab for a DECENT ground connection. Pipes will be black ceramic this year. Braced swing arm all nickel plate and triples will be polished aluminum . I also fabbed a really unique battery box for it .It is being polished now and I can post more pics if you like .You can see the nickel frame for my 1348cc Bonneville Sport Classic project in the background:

95 ss900 motor completely done out by Guy at MBP to 966 ... 11.5-1 pistons,flowed heads , ST4 cams, lightened crank, carillo rods etc etc etc ... the same motors he races in Canadian Thunder series...

FCR 41 Flat slides
Fuel supply - gravity feed direct from tank - Ducati vacuum petcock & pump in the garbage
Forks - Marzocchi 58mm RAC
Triple Clamps(basic designby me expanded on & fabbed by Max Motors top fuel Harley shop)
Front Wheel - Ducati 3 spoke widened to 4.5 inches by Green's Automotive & Powder coated
Front tyre Pirelli Super Corsa 150mm
Front fender - in the garbage
Penske rear shock
Rear shock reservoir mount by MaxMotors
Rear Wheel - Ducati 5.5 - powder coated
Rear Tyre - Pirelli SuperCorsa 180mm
Brembo 18 X 20 radial brake master-front
Brembo 18 X 20 radial clutch master
Brembo radial 2 piece mono block calipers
Brembo rear caliper (master on the way)
Brake & Clutch reservoirs (in the garbage)
Earls stainless brake, clutch and oil pressure lines
Instrument panel designed by me & water jet cut c\w 95 ss tach, oil pressure guage & volt guage
Superbike bars
All switch wiring thru bars
Led front and rear signals
Aztec 8 dual headlite
Headlite mount by my buddy at Max Motors (top fuel Harley fab shop)
Battery box - by MaxMotors - all electrical components are mounted on box- nothing left under seat
Electrical - all by me - drastically shortened harness - removed all unnecessary circuits - all wiring to rear routed thru frame . this was a massive job and I will provide detailed photos if you want to see same..I have gone out of my way to make this ultra - neat and compact. Removed all bogus ducati connectors (except rectifier) and used bullet type single connectors - all are crimped and soldered - this way circuits are easier to isolate
Dyna coils mounted to frame under tank
Taylor plug wires
Rectifier mounted to frame under tank
Oil cooler - 1979 CBX
Oil cooler lines - Stainless Steel fabbed with Aeorquip fittings
Ducati Performance 50mm spaghetti header
Mufflers Reverse Megaphones - Cone Engineering - modified by Max Motors
Swing arm- Caged - 01 Monster-my design fabbed by MaxMotors nickel plated & powder coated
Tail Chop & licence plate mount by me - led signals mounted in end of frame tubes
Tail Cowl - Carbon Fibre
EK 520 chain - blue
Speedy Moto sprocket and belt covers
Speedy Moto stainless clutch springs
Evoluzione clutch slave ( anodized black by me)
Speedy Moto frame sliders
Speedy Moto fork sliders
Nicols Stainless engine bolts
Plexi Clutch cover window
All engine cover bolts and most others on bike stainless & powder coated blue
CRG mirrors
Clear Alternatives Tail light - Blue
Paint - Ducati Black with blue stripe
Engine - complete powdercoated black

Engine - MBP in Montreal
Paint by Arbor Body Shop- Tony & Andrew
Max Motors fabricator
John Valk Ducati - all ducati parts - Rusty and John are the bomb !
Speedy Moto Portland Oregon (these guys are the best!)- Chrisitian
EuroCosa - Toronto - Marco treated me like a brother
Green's Automotive wheel shop - Richmond BC
Powdercoating by Ryan at Surftech - a REAL professional !
Suspension Tuning - RMR Suspension - Rod
AND
SPEEDY MOTO - Props to Christian who rescued me at Laguna in 08 and is a parts man extra-ordinaire !

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cracker.... sure enough i gotta lotta stock parts up on my shelves...why i hand onto them i will never know.......thx for the props! If I think it ... I have to do it ...or I will go nuts ....

later
Steffano

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fantastic. I bought a Ducati to go flat out. I love it. I do a track day every 2 weeks and I am completely knackered the next day but I rode a wild horse which makes me very happy. Great to hear the back end of the action instead of angry wind and bugs. Good luck, we will be watching you.
Best speed with a tail wind is 225 kph on the track with a hair pin coming up and she will do that every lap regardless of rider inpuut.
Cracker.....the perspective in my FlyBy video is deceiving .... for 2 reasons...1- the guy on the cam was using the zoom so you dont get a true idea of my speed 2 the section of road on the approach was actuallly quite a looong downhill and the wind was with me ....also when i come around the long sweeper way in the distance at the start of the video I am already in top gear at about 100mph so I hadda good run on makin top speed ...the stretch from that corner to the end (where I get out of sight and hear me back off) is almost exactly 2 miles .....

Steffano

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pink Floyd

Am I the only old fart who thinks of Pink Floyd when I hear that flyby?

God it does sound good though! Thanks for the link

Dave ... funny you should mention that ! At the time I could swear "On the run" from Dark Side of the Moon was in my head !

Steffano

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pics and Tech

Awesome clips. Any chance of some pics and tech on the Monster? My first Duc was a Monster and I've got to get another someday.

Blacksport.... see tech and pics above as well I added another thread for same for you in this section ....

steffano

1 - 12 of 12 Posts