Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello guys.
first of all hello for everyone, this is my very first post in this forum.

i'm planning to sell my monster, and im totally in love with the sportclassic. i just strated to check the used-bike market, but i cant find a modell fits my needs. its: dry clutch version, biposto and not the GT version...

as i saw, all the biposto versions are wet clutch models, and the monopostos are dry.

is there any chance of modding a sportclassic 1000 to a biposto one, or it is very expensive? same price as modding the clutch to a dry one?

sorry for the lame question, i just wondering what are the possibilities... i think any modding would be expensive :)

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
this question has been contemplated a few times on this forum - do a search and you'll come up with a lot of info.

in a nutshell, you can do a straight bolt-on swap of the 06 rearsets with the pillion setup from a bip, but you'll also need to change the exhaust as the twin shotgun cans will interfere with the pillion pegs (and scorch legs as well). going the other way you would probably be better off swapping engines as the wet/dry cluth conversion is a pretty major deal with a few internals as well as new cases.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, i searched all over this forum, but i wasnt 100% sure. i hoped that you will post something like this: hey, there was a dry modell from the sexy looking sportlassic S back in 2007, jus search the used market :)

thanks your help, it seems i cant have a sportclassic meets my needs :)
regards

this question has been contemplated a few times on this forum - do a search and you'll come up with a lot of info.

in a nutshell, you can do a straight bolt-on swap of the 06 rearsets with the pillion setup from a bip, but you'll also need to change the exhaust as the twin shotgun cans will interfere with the pillion pegs (and scorch legs as well). going the other way you would probably be better off swapping engines as the wet/dry cluth conversion is a pretty major deal with a few internals as well as new cases.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.