Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I am lowering my forks this weekend along with the rear, I was wondering if anyone ever mounted the '06 Sc handlebars on top of the triple clamp?
If you had enough meat sticking out of the top can this be done to raise them up a bit?
:confused:

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
As I am lowering my forks this weekend along with the rear, I was wondering if anyone ever mounted the '06 Sc handlebars on top of the triple clamp?
If you had enough meat sticking out of the top can this be done to raise them up a bit?
:confused:
You basically can do that, but to clamp them savely you need to lower the front according the height of the clamps at least 35 mm or even more...

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
also, there is a pin to hold the clip ons in the right position. if you put the clip ons on top, you won't be able to use the pin so you'll have to gage manually for the proper angle.

is your bike a mono or a biposto? if it's an 06 it's probably a mono. you could replace your clipons with the ones from the biposto, as they have risers on them, so you could still pitch the bike and probably maintain the bar-height while keeping the clip-ons under the clamp...

·
Premium Member
2,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I was thinking the safety thing as they could conceivably "slip off of the top".. IF there is enough I might try it still Pin be damned (Duc likes to put placement pins in everything huh), went to move the clutch lever assembly and had to pull it off and yank the pin!
Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Pins are probably for ease of assembly at the factory (you always get the correct positionning). There's also an added safety provided by the pins.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes, I was thinking the safety thing as they could conceivably "slip off of the top".. QUOTE]

It's exceedingly unlikely. All the pressure against the bars is forward and down. It would rotate around the fork leg long before you'd have to worry about it popping off the top.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts