Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can get a set of these? I've seen two other styles, but these are the coolest looking.

Attachments

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Attachments

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
BursiEvo Italy has some nice small ones......IIRC Checa now uses some type of adhesive backed faux CF similar to 3M DINOC.....then they place their Althea logo on it. He did use the type that MotoWheels is selling, then it appears he switched to to this DINOC type stuff.
It could be a CF tank left clear over in that area but I'm not sure they are legal in WSBK....must be aluminum????..not sure..

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BursiEvo Italy has some nice small ones......IIRC Checa now uses some type of adhesive backed faux CF similar to 3M DINOC.....then they place their Althea logo on it. He did use the type that MotoWheels is selling, then it appears he switched to to this DINOC type stuff.
It could be a CF tank left clear over in that area but I'm not sure they are legal in WSBK....must be aluminum????..not sure..
Thanks ZDM. I have the Moto ones, so I think I'll stick with those. The 3M Dinoc looks cool, but I don't think it'll help in a crash.

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
Thanks ZDM. I have the Moto ones, so I think I'll stick with those. The 3M Dinoc looks cool, but I don't think it'll help in a crash.
I don't think that the CF ones will help in a crash either....they are cool looking though. I've been eyeing a set for the 999 sold by BursiEvo....then I saw Checa's 1198R and it appears that he removed the CF pieces and started using some sort of adhesive back fake CF....that looks cool to and it's not so bulky. Plus it affords a contrast when his Althea logo is applied to the tank. The only issue with both is the DINOC requires an adhesion promotor and once on, 3M cannot guarantee that it can be removed w/o damaging the paint. Same with the CF parts....if they are not made perfect, they will rub the tank paint....even the double sided tape could damage the paint.
So I've been debating whether or not to use either....but they are for aesthetics, not crash protection....but are pretty cool!
Would you mind posting up a pic when installed...???

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
I don't think that the CF ones will help in a crash either....they are cool looking though. QUOTE]

CF covers on swingarms and water pumps work fairly well. I don't see why it wouldn't work on a fuel tank. I've seen a few of the CF covers painted to match the tank. It almost disappears.

-M

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
I don't think that the CF ones will help in a crash either....they are cool looking though. QUOTE]

CF covers on swingarms and water pumps work fairly well. I don't see why it wouldn't work on a fuel tank. I've seen a few of the CF covers painted to match the tank. It almost disappears.

-M
That's an idea, to color match the CF....but then the contrast and weave of the natural cf part is what looks cool.
I guess it would depend on the severity of the crash....a frame, fork and axle protector would keep the tank off the ground regardless....no doubt they are attractive. But it all depends on how well the piece fits the tank....which on the 999 is diff. because of the dished seam at the top....
I like the new website format at MW Martin. A shame to see less and less 999 stuff though....:(

·
Premium Member
8,727 Posts
220hp!

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
I would like to see the dyno graph on that one:D. Even Checa's 1198RS doesn't make that and if Ducati Corse could pack 220HP in that 1198RS they would.
However I'm sure it really hauls the mail.....but it sure does look fantastic!

·
Registered
614 Posts
Got the R&G sliders on Saturday and they are going back. I guess being dry carbon they have a different finish and look like S*it next to all my Shift Tech carbon.

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
Got the R&G sliders on Saturday and they are going back. I guess being dry carbon they have a different finish and look like S*it next to all my Shift Tech carbon.
Out of curiosity I Emailed Motion Ducati regarding the CF tank guards which appear on the Sterilgarda 1198 replica on Ebay ($55K). I heard back from Brad, he told me that they are molded CF, not an adhesive sheet. He sells them for $40 a pair.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Out of curiosity I Emailed Motion Ducati regarding the CF tank guards which appear on the Sterilgarda 1198 replica on Ebay ($55K). I heard back from Brad, he told me that they are molded CF, not an adhesive sheet. He sells them for $40 a pair.
Have any contact info.? Google didn't net anything for me.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Those are the skinny version of the Moto ones. I am using the Moto ones - full CF. Had a couple of track days with them, and I am now less worried about my alu tank. The Sterilgarda 1198 is sweet.

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
Those are the skinny version of the Moto ones. I am using the Moto ones - full CF. Had a couple of track days with them, and I am now less worried about my alu tank. The Sterilgarda 1198 is sweet.

Hey Lawyer they are super looking!!! WOW! Not too big, not too small.
Nice touch for the aluminum tank....now all you need is the Althea logo....;)
COOL!!!!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts