Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is/was there a Ducati superbike that used a rear shock with an extended eye-to-eye measurement of about 10.5" that has about 2.5" of stroke?

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,882 Posts
I know there were diferent suspension rockers and ride height adjusters. Though I have no specific knowledge of it, it is entirely possible that those setups used the shock you are referring to.

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, but I am looking for specific model identification so that I can chase down the shock I need for my winter project.

The identified shock doesn't even need to be off of a Ducati.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
All the 916-999 bikes have an OEM shock length of 305mm. Most have a stroke of 71mm. The 749R has 56mm stroke. What's the secret project, eh? I have a buddy who likes to make FrankenDucs, so I may be able to get some info for you.

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am just transplanting a 998 sssa onto the 999S. I need a shock shorter than the 998 unit, which is about 1" too long.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
that's what I thought... My buddy had Penske build him a custom shock for the same conversion. I'll see if I can dig up ant specs for you, unfortunately, he's not exactly the most "precise" of people I know, so we'll see what I can get for you.

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that's what I thought... My buddy had Penske build him a custom shock for the same conversion. I'll see if I can dig up ant specs for you, unfortunately, he's not exactly the most "precise" of people I know, so we'll see what I can get for you.
I have the specs from a forum member (Matt) who also did this conversion. He actually provided me with his Penske build sheet. Having another set of Penske build data to compare would be useful.

I want to see if I can locate some kind of OEM shock with which I could derive some suspension travel parameters to contribute to the Penske build conversation with the guys at Penske.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I have the specs from a forum member (Matt) who also did this conversion. He actually provided me with his Penske build sheet. Having another set of Penske build data to compare would be useful.

I want to see if I can locate some kind of OEM shock with which I could derive some suspension travel parameters to contribute to the Penske build conversation with the guys at Penske.
The xx9 "R" models use a different length shock.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts