Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Come on guys I know someone on here can help, Back to square 1 again, need front upper fairing for my SB6R, I allowed the shipping company to attempt a repair on my upper cracked fairing several cracks by mirrors, etc., looked fair when I got it back but was worried about future cracks, well here I am again cracks back, anyone else run into this problem? I love the bike but cant stand this issue, everything looks perfect but the mirrors shake after aceleration up to speed and then decelling, Is this cracking the fairing? or is anyone else seen this? Know where I can get a new fairing and/ or a support? I have been messing with this for almost a year, someone please give me some ideas or suggestions, I know there is someone on here that can help:D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi

I used to own a SB6r and a SB6 never really had this problem, however a couple of things to possibly help you.

1: The two fixings studs fitted directly to to the mirrors bolt through the fairing and when over tightened come slightly loose and start to pull through from the mirror. Then it is impossible to get the mirror to tighten tight and stop wobbling.

2: For fairings you could try Bimota direct i am sure there is a dealer in the states who could help. sometimes there prices arent to bad on bodywork items.

3: Fairings again If you get yours repaired well it should not re crack, i never had these issues with mine, but other people i know mostly had issues with the mirror stud issue and changed to a different mirror which enabled a better fixing.
Lastly you said the mirror wobbled did you mean the glass part, because if you did you can adjust this internally with a screwdriver.

Hope this helps

If i can help further let me know.

Carl

England

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi

I used to own a SB6r and a SB6 never really had this problem, however a couple of things to possibly help you.

1: The two fixings studs fitted directly to to the mirrors bolt through the fairing and when over tightened come slightly loose and start to pull through from the mirror. Then it is impossible to get the mirror to tighten tight and stop wobbling.

2: For fairings you could try Bimota direct i am sure there is a dealer in the states who could help. sometimes there prices arent to bad on bodywork items.

3: Fairings again If you get yours repaired well it should not re crack, i never had these issues with mine, but other people i know mostly had issues with the mirror stud issue and changed to a different mirror which enabled a better fixing.
Lastly you said the mirror wobbled did you mean the glass part, because if you did you can adjust this internally with a screwdriver.

Hope this helps

If i can help further let me know.

Carl

England
Hi mate, my best friend is in Essex right now, thanks for the reply, Mine is cracking down from the sides going toward the headlight area this time, I think the first time was the mirror area from overtightening the bolts from previous owner/service shop, also the mirrors were bumped during shipping causing more cracks. I have yet found anyone who will even return calls or emails, much less actually try and help me get fairings. I didnt mean the glass, I meant the whole mirror assembly shakes mostly on accell top of 2nd and up, approaching 80+ mph and by 90 or 100 real bad and then when I back off the throttle they get even worse causing what seems like the whole front fairing to shake purdy bad, If I pull in the clutch and let the rpm die down it helps, but I dont think its an imbalance in the engine? seems to pull smooth?there was a bike on ebay awhile back that had a moto corse fairing/mirror support, that might do the trick if I could get my hands on one, but there again no response back from them, too bad really cause I would love to get this fixed, seems like I get very little help from anyone? thanks again for your comments and help and suggestions, nice to know someone is at least willing to comment.

·
Registered
234 Posts
After getting the motor done and a number of runs in the 180's one on radar at 178.8, I noticed my mirriors were dancing and there were cracks. Plastic welded a 12" rod on the inside edge front to back and a 6" rod on the outside edge front to back they run each side of the mirrior mounts it seems to help and no more cracks. Also make sure the front of the mirrior mounts are tight were it meets the headlight. Also if they missed a small crack during repair they come back to haunt you.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After getting the motor done and a number of runs in the 180's one on radar at 178.8, I noticed my mirriors were dancing and there were cracks. Plastic welded a 12" rod on the inside edge front to back and a 6" rod on the outside edge front to back they run each side of the mirrior mounts it seems to help and no more cracks. Also make sure the front of the mirrior mounts are tight were it meets the headlight. Also if they missed a small crack during repair they come back to haunt you.
Thanks, any pics of this?, U could email them? [email protected] , thanks for the reply and suggestion

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Back in the same boat, AGAIN, :mad:, still need a upper fairing, I bought and paid for a NEW fairing 2 months ago and was told it would be 3 weeks, well I just got a email saying it wasent gonna happen, very dissapointed to say the least, I was dealing with a reputable source, and sounds like he might have been misinformed??, But anyway I still need a nose fairing for a SB6R, can someone please help, I,ve been asking for months with no luck?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Your YB10 running correctly should easily hit 175. With flatslides, full exhaust and pressurized cold air, will do 181 on the gun with no internal engine mods. I'll have to dig around my attic. I may have a one off carbon (nose)fairing still up there for the 6R. I know I still have a regular SB6 upper.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts