Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

I'll be moving to St Louis sometime in November. I'm glad to see that there are other Ducati nuts there. Hope to meet you guys/gals at some point.

Cheers,
Matt

·
Registered
139 Posts
Gonna leave Colorado for St.Louis ? I hope it's worth it, and welcome when you get here

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thnx everyone! The move is for work but I'm looking forward to exploring the area.
So where does everyone ride? Are there any roads with twisties in the area?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Oh yeah, we have twisties...perhaps not on par with those in CO (especially regarding scenery) but if you want to go out and ride 35-40 mph marked corners all day long there are plenty of options. Mostly south and west of StL. You will find fewer of the high speed sweepers that are common headed into the mountains in CO.

We typically have no problem scheduling 4-6 hour long rides leaving the city and never having to get off the twisties. If you ride southwest you could ride through the Ozarks all the way to OK on two lane blacktop. If you head back through norther AR you have about 3-4 days of non-stop twisties.

Due to ice age glaciation going north or east things flatten out pretty quick and the roads get fairly straight but there is also limited good riding in IL and north of the city.

btw...welcome.

·
Registered
234 Posts
welcome matt.

i guess now there will be another yellow 998 in the st. louis area. i have been the only one i have seen so far.

cheers!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the replies! I cant wait to go for a ride with you guys. Do you guys do any track days? If anyone is up for one, there will be a Duc only track day in Jennings, FL on the 23rd.

Cheers,
Matt

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Welcome!

Please check the clubs website at www.gatewayducati.com. This is a new site and we are working hard to keep it current. Also, please sign up on the site if you can.

We look forward to seeing you in St. Louis!:)
I did that first thing. Thanks ! I'll see you all soon!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts