Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Say It Ain't So....

12358 Views 44 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  MikeM
a new Ducati with the 1000DS motor and a WET clutch?!?!?!?!?!

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

· Registered
1,123 Posts
VIVID1 said:
It's Bun Burner :)

BB 1500 miles in less than 36 hours
BBG 1500 in less then 24 hours
Auch, whatever! ;) Man, first I get corrected for having said "happy medium" instead of "happy median," now I'm getting called on the carpet for calling a "bun" a "butt."

Geez...when did Ducatisti become so anal? (get it? bun? butt? anal? haw haw haw haw haw!)

Just kidding, of course. I actually like when people correct my spelling or grammar because it means two things:

1) They read my post, and
2) All they could find wrong with it was a misspelling.

I'll take that any day. :D

(Thankfully my spelling and grammatical errors are few and far between. I'm usually a pretty cunning linguist. :eek: )

· Registered
151 Posts
MikeM said:
any travel with more than a mile or two of straight road requires a car. Or a plane ticket.
Wow, I live in the Midwest, the twisty roads are hard to find around here, my local twisties are in Wisconsin and they are at least 120-250 miles away from home… that’s why I sport-tour, if I‘m going to ride all day, I might as well go where the curves are. Within one day’s ride or about 620-700 miles, I’m in Tennessee, North Carolina, Arkansas, Pennsylvania, Kentucky or West Virginia. Maybe that’s how I’m able to put 30,000 miles a year on my bikes in the short riding season up here :)

· Registered
1,562 Posts
VIVID1 said:
Wow, I live in the Midwest, the twisty roads are hard to find around here, my local twisties are in Wisconsin

Don't try and fool me, missy. I know every curve in Chicagoland - all eight of 'em! Your "local twisties" are in Riverside. It's like a little Isle of Man, curbs, bridges, off-camber cobblestone roads and even a sweet jump over the railroad grade crossing at Burlington Rd. ;) Just don't let the police catch you going over 28 mph in that town or you've got some 'splainin to do. And some serious fines to pay. Then there's north Sheridan Road. Great curves up there. Bumper-to-bumper traffic 23 1/2 hours a day, but great curves.

For some thrills closer to where you live, try River Rd. between 1st Ave. and Belmont or drive York Rd. north of Ogden. Three curves in a half-mile! Woot! Woot! Or you could always go "road racing" on the Ogden Avenue/I-294 cloverleaf but it's four rights followed by four rights, followed by...

Yes, there is Wisconsin. Watch out for the deer. And the drunks. And if you ever get up near the town that calls itself "the Muskie Capital of the World" beep the horn and wave. I'm the guy in the hammock on the boathouse roof.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.