Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
1,941 Posts
zooom said:
you can tell by the clutch casing....
Educate me, how can you tell by the clutch casing!? That casing looks like every other dry and wet clutch cover that I've ever seen on a Ducati.

· Premium Member
1,941 Posts
OK, so with the pictures side-by-side, you can see a difference. The wet clutch cover has a larger diameter flat face and a steeper camber to the casing.

There's an easier way to tell a wet clutch as well. Just fit a vented clutch cover and if your feet get oily, you have a wet clutch! :D

· Premium Member
1,941 Posts
Hickey said:
OK. I'm a heathen. Because I like the move towards wet clutches on Ducati street bikes. I wish mine had a wet clutch and I'm thrilled to see a Dual Spark motor pictured with a wet clutch set up.

I understand the attraction to the dry clutch signature sound. I do. But with sound regulations getting stricter, Ducati has to choose what sounds to muffle and which to allow. I'd much rather the rest of the engine be as quiet as possible so that the stock exhaust can sing a little bit more. THAT Ducati sound is more important to me than the clutch.

I know. I'm a heathen.
...and a big fan of Japanese bikes by the sound of it!

The sound of a Ducati engine with a dry clutch is a lot of the appeal of owning one to me! The roar from some good pipes is excellent as well, but it doesn't sound right to me if the engine is humming along like a sewing machine.

· Premium Member
1,941 Posts
VIVID1 said:
Hmmmm... and that is a bad thing?

I’m a fan of all motorcycles. I don’t discriminate about their country of origin, I don’t think one is more superior then the other. Just like people are all different, all makes of motorcycles are also different, all have their good and bad points. Now if my Duc could shift like my Honda, I might not by typing this post he he.
Hmmmm, ermmmm, well no! Interesting isn't it how the mere mention of 'Japanese' bikes causes a lot of people to assume you are bashing them. :eek:

It's simply a fact. Japanese bikes without loud(er) pipes are generally pretty damn silent. Some like that. Some don't. If a Japanese motorbike appealed to me, I'd have no hesitation picking one up and that goes for all other makes. It's not discrimination to notice and comment about the traits of any particular motorcycle marque. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.