Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
2,450 Posts
Thanks for the picture of the GT1000. Best shot I have saeen so far. Looks nice, except for the cheesey rear suspension.

Pardon my ignorance, but how can you tell just by looking that it is a wet clutch? Anyway, might be a good idea if it is the back-torque limiting design they put on the S2R. And yes, I realize how controversial that opinion is.

· Premium Member
2,450 Posts
zooom said:
as far as what you are calling a cheesy suspension...that is actually truer to classic design of days of old than the other sport classics IMHO....
Well, so would be weedy "unverted" forks, single pot calipers, and a bunch of other crappy stuff. Personally, I like the idea behind the Sport1000 and PSLE a little better - retro stuff for looks, but not where it would compromise performance.

To each their own. Hey, as far as I know that rear suspension will work as well as the single sided one, or even better. Vediamo.

Regardless, it is another beautiful bike. I had no interest in any of these retro ducs until I saw the Sport and PS in the flesh at the bike show. They are all jewel-like, and make my SS look kinda cheap.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.