Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,562 Posts
bevel450 said:
Most of the Ducatis that I've owned never allowed me the music of the dry clutch until the Pantah based race bikes came out. Then we could enjoy the same music as Manx Norton, Honda racing bikes, etc. owners had a monopoly on. Nah. For me dry clutchs rock. And you are a heathen. lol
As for sonic superiority, I'll take twin bevel-gear scream on top of the basso profundo of a pair of reverse-cone megs to any rubberband motor around. You ain't gonna hear ANY clutch - dry or otherwise - when the Bologna Philharmonic plays *that* tune. ;)

· Registered
1,562 Posts
bevel450 said:
+1 ! And shame on me.
Glad I could help straighten this out. For a minute there, you had me worried. A man named *bevel* touting the virtues of the rubberband motors. "Say it ain't so..." indeed!

· Registered
1,562 Posts
VIVID1 said:
The retro Ducs so far are the most uncomfortable bikes that’s I’ve ever sat on, they sure look pretty though.
LOL. You want uncomfortable, try one of the originals. Or if you can't find one of those nearby, just glue a scrap of leather on a 2x6 and sit on that for a few hours and the term "uncomfortable" will take on a whole new meaning!

· Registered
1,562 Posts
VIVID1 said:
I've done an Iron Butt Saddle Sore ride on a 954RR. (For those that don’t know a saddle sore is 1,000 miles in less then 24 hours).
1,000 miles??? How many laps is that exactly? LOL If I can't get a ticket or come close to riding off a cliff in 150 miles, I figure no sense in pushing my luck. I admire anyone who can ride cross-country. I did it. Once. For me, any travel with more than a mile or two of straight road requires a car. Or a plane ticket.

· Registered
1,562 Posts
VIVID1 said:
Wow, I live in the Midwest, the twisty roads are hard to find around here, my local twisties are in Wisconsin

Don't try and fool me, missy. I know every curve in Chicagoland - all eight of 'em! Your "local twisties" are in Riverside. It's like a little Isle of Man, curbs, bridges, off-camber cobblestone roads and even a sweet jump over the railroad grade crossing at Burlington Rd. ;) Just don't let the police catch you going over 28 mph in that town or you've got some 'splainin to do. And some serious fines to pay. Then there's north Sheridan Road. Great curves up there. Bumper-to-bumper traffic 23 1/2 hours a day, but great curves.

For some thrills closer to where you live, try River Rd. between 1st Ave. and Belmont or drive York Rd. north of Ogden. Three curves in a half-mile! Woot! Woot! Or you could always go "road racing" on the Ogden Avenue/I-294 cloverleaf but it's four rights followed by four rights, followed by...

Yes, there is Wisconsin. Watch out for the deer. And the drunks. And if you ever get up near the town that calls itself "the Muskie Capital of the World" beep the horn and wave. I'm the guy in the hammock on the boathouse roof.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.