Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3,281 Posts
Hickey said:
OK. I'm a heathen. Because I like the move towards wet clutches on Ducati street bikes. I wish mine had a wet clutch and I'm thrilled to see a Dual Spark motor pictured with a wet clutch set up.

I understand the attraction to the dry clutch signature sound. I do. But with sound regulations getting stricter, Ducati has to choose what sounds to muffle and which to allow. I'd much rather the rest of the engine be as quiet as possible so that the stock exhaust can sing a little bit more. THAT Ducati sound is more important to me than the clutch.

I know. I'm a heathen.

Isn't that a moot point given that the first thing that Ducati owners change is the exhaust ?? That blows the basic sound signature totally out of the water !

Most of the Ducatis that I've owned never allowed me the music of the dry clutch until the Pantah based race bikes came out. Then we could enjoy the same music as Manx Norton, Honda racing bikes, etc. owners had a monopoly on. Nah. For me dry clutchs rock. And you are a heathen. lol

· Registered
3,281 Posts
MikeM said:
As for sonic superiority, I'll take twin bevel-gear scream on top of the basso profundo of a pair of reverse-cone megs to any rubberband motor around. You ain't gonna hear ANY clutch - dry or otherwise - when the Bologna Philharmonic plays *that* tune. ;)
+1 ! And shame on me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.