Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
YellowDuck said:
Thanks for the picture of the GT1000. Best shot I have saeen so far. Looks nice, except for the cheesey rear suspension.

Pardon my ignorance, but how can you tell just by looking that it is a wet clutch? Anyway, might be a good idea if it is the back-torque limiting design they put on the S2R. And yes, I realize how controversial that opinion is.
ACTUALLY....thank Doc for the pic....he took it at some show I am guessing in Greece....

as far as what you are calling a cheesy suspension...that is actually truer to classic design of days of old than the other sport classics IMHO....

you can tell by the clutch casing....and yes..it is a touchy topic...a dry clutch on a production street bike is one of the many marques IMHO that makes a Ducati identifyable on the street as a Ducati!

· Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Turbo said:
Educate me, how can you tell by the clutch casing!? That casing looks like every other dry and wet clutch cover that I've ever seen on a Ducati.
Look at the casing of a Monster 620 or 800 and then look at the casing of a 1000DS and you'll notice the very obviously looking different removable dry clutch cover and how the casing looks different around the captured basket portion...kinda blocky in comparison!

· Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
MikeM said:
As for sonic superiority, I'll take twin bevel-gear scream on top of the basso profundo of a pair of reverse-cone megs to any rubberband motor around. You ain't gonna hear ANY clutch - dry or otherwise - when the Bologna Philharmonic plays *that* tune. ;)
I agree with you to an extent(mostly because I haven't heard one with that kind of exhaust,just an older one with some Conti's on it)....there is a guy around here that has an 851 with a pair of reverse-cone megaphones and that bike is quite possibly one of the most unique,loud,and sweetest sounding Duc's I think I have ever heard!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.