Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,123 Posts
Turbo said:
Educate me, how can you tell by the clutch casing!? That casing looks like every other dry and wet clutch cover that I've ever seen on a Ducati.
Agreed. Pretty much looks the same as this (1000DS):

And this (900ie):

· Registered
1,123 Posts
VIVID1 said:
Unfortunately all my bike pictures have me sitting on them.
Funny. I see that as a plus. ;)

· Registered
1,123 Posts
VIVID1 said:
I'm very familiar with sitting on a 2x4… I've done an Iron Butt Saddle Sore ride on a 954RR that has a stock seat aka the plank .. the seat has 1” of foam. (For those that don’t know a saddle sore is 1,000 miles in less then 24 hours). When I say a bike is uncomfortable, I really mean it… he he.

I’m going to do that same ride on the ST3 this year, should be way more comfy.
Congrats on the SS1000. I was gonna do one on my Supersport a couple of years ago -- Sacramento to Idaho and back -- but it was October and the rains came and I chickened out.

If you've already done an SS1000, you should tackle a BBG next. 1500 miles instead of 1000. After doing a Saddle Sore on a 954, doing a BBG on an ST should be no problem. :)

· Registered
1,123 Posts
VIVID1 said:
I’m already planning to do a BB1500, I don’t know about BBG, that will require a lot more slab than I'm willing to do.
I must have my acronyms messed up. Refresh my memory -- what's the difference between a Butt Burner and a Butt Burner Gold?

· Registered
1,123 Posts
MikeM said:
1,000 miles??? How many laps is that exactly? LOL If I can't get a ticket or come close to riding off a cliff in 150 miles, I figure no sense in pushing my luck. I admire anyone who can ride cross-country. I did it. Once. For me, any travel with more than a mile or two of straight road requires a car. Or a plane ticket.
It's about 340 laps of Daytona.

· Registered
1,123 Posts
VIVID1 said:
It's Bun Burner :)

BB 1500 miles in less than 36 hours
BBG 1500 in less then 24 hours
Auch, whatever! ;) Man, first I get corrected for having said "happy medium" instead of "happy median," now I'm getting called on the carpet for calling a "bun" a "butt."

Geez...when did Ducatisti become so anal? (get it? bun? butt? anal? haw haw haw haw haw!)

Just kidding, of course. I actually like when people correct my spelling or grammar because it means two things:

1) They read my post, and
2) All they could find wrong with it was a misspelling.

I'll take that any day. :D

(Thankfully my spelling and grammatical errors are few and far between. I'm usually a pretty cunning linguist. :eek: )

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.