Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I saw it lastnight on one of my searches but now I lost it - can someone post the link about swapping over your clip ons from one side to another to gain some height? I know it is here but as I said I lost it... I am looking for a bit more and before I drop the cash for something I want to see if the easist and of course it would be free to do would work... thanks -

sorry about the spelling - I worked 15 hours today

·
Super Moderator
8,217 Posts
it´s on the SS part of the board..

//amullo

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well I am not going to do it anyway now - nor change the clip ons - since I was bikeless for 8 mths I am sure my "bike" muscles are a bit out of shape so Im just going to ride more and get my exhaust and enjoy...I also do not want to mess anything up - I mean the Duc peeps made the 1198 this way for a reason.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Yeah clips on suck no matter what the height. Build your core muscles, relax your arms and wrists and take the weight in your back and stomach.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree - I was with out a bike for 8 months so Im sure those "riding" muscles need to come back so Im leaving it. Just need to get my technique back and my core strength back.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
PSK - I have to say it is tempting for how cheap they are... I am concerned with taking off my tripple clamp - is it hard? and I would just want to use my same bars because i would not want to take off the throttle and all the other items. I am very mechanical but for some reason I am a bit shy from wrenching on the Duc I just dont want to get it apart then ---- OMG I can not get the stuff back together!.. if I do the 1 1/2 raise do you know if I have to adjust anything else? will it hit the fairing? or etc.....

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
On my 748 I had to reroute the wiring for the left handgrip. I also had to loosen the banjo bolts onthe brake and clutch masters and point the hoses down to supply extra hose length.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am just going to suck it up and and ride as usual - I mean I had my GSXR and this is more comfy than that - Isnt there a rearset adapter so to speak that you can get to make these adjustable?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts